8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a 17x9 +35 wheel fit on a SI?
what kind of camber would need to be set?
what size tire would be recomended? a little stretching is ok, but noting too extreme.

does anyone have anything like this yet?

BTW, the car is dropped on eibach pro-kit.....about 1" all around.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Im running 17x9 with a +40 offset. It was a +35 but I shaved 5mm off the backpad of the wheel to make it fit better. Im lowered on Tein Springs. It looks a lot different from the pictures now that I have added a HFP Front and rear lip. It does rub sometimes but not enough to do anything about it. I do most my driving alone since this is my car to drive to work and back. With two people in the car its very light rubbing but you get 4 people in the car and it can be a different story. I wouldnt have any issues if my fenders were rolled though too so keep that in mind. Here are some pictures to show you its possible.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Can I see a shot of your tires from directly behind, or directly in front? I want to see the uber-"wide" wheels!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im running 17x9 with a +40 offset. It was a +35 but I shaved 5mm off the backpad of the wheel to make it fit better. Im lowered on Tein Springs. It looks a lot different from the pictures now that I have added a HFP Front and rear lip. It does rub sometimes but not enough to do anything about it. I do most my driving alone since this is my car to drive to work and back. With two people in the car its very light rubbing but you get 4 people in the car and it can be a different story. I wouldnt have any issues if my fenders were rolled though too so keep that in mind. Here are some pictures to show you its possible.
thank you very much! +1

what size tires though?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
et35 is guaranteed to require fender rolling.

And Mugen_kid's negative camber looks to be at least 2 degrees. If it doesn't rub against the suspension you can go for 42 or 44 offset for 17x9. And 235 is probably the lowest I go as far as stretching the tires. But 235/40/17 will need fender rolling to the rear, barring high negative camber (-2.5 and up). I have 17x8 et38 with neg 1.7 camber to the rear and I still rub when somebody sits in the car. And that's with 225/45/17 tires.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Correct, im running -2.7 camber. You will have to be careful though I have about 5mm till hitting the suspension so you will be save with the offsets aki mentioned. Im not suggesting these kind of fitments or think they are the best to go with. I just like to be different and it turned out better than expected.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Bump

Cause this is the first time seeing this thread and mugen kids 17 x 9's which look sick.

And because I want to see people go with more aggressive wheel sizes and offsets on their 8thgen's. I know I plan on contributing to this thread soon enough...

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I know I will be contributing next week when I have time to put on 18x7.5 +32 Work wheels and other 17x8 +30 Advan wheels put on. Will post pics once they are on. Gonna swap wheels monthly.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I know I will be contributing next week when I have time to put on 18x7.5 +32 Work wheels and other 17x8 +30 Advan wheels put on. Will post pics once they are on. Gonna swap wheels monthly.
I'm really interested to see what Works and Advans you are picking up, and I'd love to know why you are buying two sets of wheels and switching them up monthly?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
OR the reverse concave of a nice MEISTER :)], currently making love to the mugen in my garage....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts