8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your views on the aftermarket industry. Do you think the parts from the K20a Type S will be swappable with the new Civic SI?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i dont think so.... first... we have to see if the new engine is gonna be similar to the k20... we r assuming that it will be...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im not sure but does the k20 have the 8 grand red line...because i have the the rsx speedo in my 01 vic and red line on the is 7...and its in kilo's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ type S speedo different maybe ? anyone know?

EDIT: Type S redlines at 7800, rather close to the new SI.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmm...the hood seems a bit small for normal aftermarket stuff to fit easily...I just hope serious companies make some good stuff... and not the usual APC crap...

·
Registered
50 Posts
i figure it will have higher redline and more potential for more torque. I thinkn they are gonna make it dominate the scene. Industry will jump on this machine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know they will make it more tuner friendly. They'll most likely drop the RSX so companies will be forced to make performance parts for it. Plus, since the Si looks hot already, companies will put in the engine stuff that will match the quality of the exterior parts people are probably planning already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Honda is going about the introduction fo this car a little differently. It is giving some early production cars to select performance aftermarket manufacturers in order to jumpstart the production of parts. It seems this time Honda has decided to embrace the Tuner market instead fo ignore it.

brian g

1 - 11 of 11 Posts