8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know why Honda made the 06 stereos all wrapped up and hidden behind the dash. It doesnt seem like there is a way to put an aftermarket head unit in. Why would they do that? Dont get me wrong, I like it. It just seems that they would want to make that accessable to those who want to customize.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
The salesman I talked to today mentioned how Honda doesn't want consumers worrying about wiring harnesses and voiding the warranty and all kinds of other B.S. I'm sure there's a company out there that will find a way to switch the stereo with an aftermarket. The car is not even a week old yet, so it's just a matter of patience.

·
Registered
241 Posts
it plays mp3s what more do you want? i can understand it if you want a flip up dvd player or something, but if you were to spend that much get the dx or ex dash as it looks they are equivalent then put your system in there and wire it yourself but that would be the hard part

·
Registered
20 Posts
crazykid3437 said:
it plays mp3s what more do you want? i can understand it if you want a flip up dvd player or something, but if you were to spend that much get the dx or ex dash as it looks they are equivalent then put your system in there and wire it yourself but that would be the hard part
in dash TV perhaps its gonna be a bioch!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
jsw05exse said:
I am curious to know why Honda made the 06 stereos all wrapped up and hidden behind the dash.
Ask Honda...

If your looking for a solution to the problem, its quite simple...

Take a DX dash panel and install an aftermarket stereo. I'm not sure, but would think the DX dash panel and the Navi dash panel are the same. The nav. looks to be a simple double DIN unit, so take either dash panel and find you a dash kit that will bolt up...

Sucks that you'll have to buy that panel, who knows how much it will be. But that is one solution to the problem...

Here, I found a picture...

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
Seems like a good solution, but I've got navi, and I'm not taking it out and replacing it. I'd like to add a DVD player. (Of course, I have to get some money first...I just blew it all on my new Civic!) There are two pockets below the navi/climate controls, and I'm pretty sure someone can find a way to put in a DVD player in there (without screen...since I already have that).

·
Registered
141 Posts
^ did you allready get one?

Congrats if you did man...

Your talking of an add on DVD player means your salesperson was full of crap saying the Navi would play a movie? It didnt sound to solid to me, sales people dont know nothing about what they are selling, terrible in my opinion...

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah, he allready got it .... hehehe. couldnt wait for tha blue one ..

Im sure the silver was calling his name. :D :D So cool.

Edit .... haha . I was posting at the same time you were ... lmao

·
Registered
141 Posts
My RSX-S was silver, its a timeless color in my opinion. Very classy and very easy to care for, from a distance it'll always look clean. The distance may need to be increased as the winter progress's, but from a distance, it'll look clean. When you take pic's, dont worry about dust or waterspots, they wont show...

Auto or 5-speed? I'm guessing a Sedan since I dont think the coupes are out yet?

WE WANT PIC'S!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
see when I get mine .. of course it'll be a boy ... why is that.

my civic's name now, is Marcus. How/Why, I have no clue. First thing that came to mind. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm not good at naming vehicles...

I think I've successfuly named one out of the dozen or so I've had. His name was Buddy, an `85 Dodge D-50 beater. $300 truck, drove it for a year, sold for $1,200. Probably saved at least 6,000 miles on my RSX-S. I drove that truck back and forth to school which was about 40 miles round trip...

My `89 Civic's name is Jimmy. Its a 3 owner car and the person I bought it from said her name was Little Jimmy and she needed to keep the same name. I think its kinda **** to call her Little Jimmy, so I just call her Jimmy. Its close enough...

Yeah, so since were even more off topic now, here are some general silver car names...

Silver Fox

Silver Spur

Silvy

hmmm, kinda ran out of brainstorming there. I'm not running on much sleep, so my posts might be a little "off" right now...

·
Registered
141 Posts
hondagrl said:
see when I get mine .. of course it'll be a boy ... why is that.

my civic's name now, is Marcus. How/Why, I have no clue. First thing that came to mind. :)
My name is Marcus...

I feel special...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts