8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue. I have installed my aftermarket HU (Kenwood DNX8120) and I matched all of the wires except 2 on the HU side and 2 on the civic side (the two on the civic side are the white/black and I think the green wire.) but It works other than no audio. I don't know if I missed a connection...but I soldiered and heat-shrunk the wires so connectivity shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
You have all other stock audio equipment? If you do the head unit needs a seperate jumper between it and the stock amp.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If you had premium sound and you are using the factory amp, speakers, and sub. The reason there is no sound is because the factory amplifier is not turning on. What needs to be done is what 20strong stated.

You need to tap your aftermarket HU's remote wire into the factory remote wire. It is located in the 20 pin harness and I believe it should be pin number 16. The wire will be a bluish color. Doing that will allow the factory amp to turn on and give you sound.

If your aftermarket HU did not come with a remote wire. Simply tap a wire into the factory remote wire and connect that to the power wire on the HU's wire harness. The wire to power the head unit should be yellow but check the wiring diagram to make sure.

Edit: I had to do method two because my new HU did not have a remote wire.. it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I guess I should of given a little more details...lol

I have the premium sound with an aftermarket HU.

My equipment I am using is

HU Kenwood DNX8120 It does have a remote wire...which I am using the PAC unit for...

PAC unit JACK SWI (for searing controls)

The rest is stock.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
If you have not already hacked off the connector on your stock harness I would recommend gettin the 2 connectors from to make it plug and play from a Audio shop.

If not simply tap into the remote wire as stated. It only needs to supply a tiny bit of power to tell the amp to turn on. It should be just fine hooked up to both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Help

well, i just stumbled across this and would like to ask, where did you get the wiring diagram for the car, im looking for one for a 06 civic fd :)

thanks in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am on the website so I can get you a diagram for the car but I need to know the model...I don't know what FD is.... thanks I will be waiting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts