8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you pay attention and read what it really says on the box. It will say (caution not for racing use).

I found this out from past experiences. Every single aftermarket spring or coilover kit that i have bought says that. By the way the products that i bought was for my old 98 integra gs-r. Also from products that was for my 2 bros cars and bro-in-laws car. These are the brands. they are adjustable coilovers and drop springs.

Tenzo r
eibach
tein
racer design
suspension technique
skunk2
matrix
Tsudo
H&R
neuspeed

I'm very sure that other brands has the caution to. From what i know being 2.25 inch lower will not give you better performance. Reason why is if you don't keep the stock size tire or rim you will rub the inner part of your fender while turning at extremely high speeds. If you do rub you do not gain performance. Everybody knows that rim sizes that are smaller than 16 you can't corner as fast because 15s have too much rubber on them. Plus if you have a camber kit and adjust it to the straightest position it is easier to rub with 17inch rims.

So pretty much aftermarket springs that drop 2.25 inches or more are supposed to be used for looks.

Adjustable coilovers no question about it. it will make your car feel very bouncey and mushy. you will lose a great deal of performance. adjustable coilovers are made specifically for show.

Aftermarket springs that drop only 1-1.5 inches might give you better performance. But it all depends on what kind of car you have. Example, 2001 type r already has good stiff springs already. there is no reason for you to go buy aftermarket springs for it. If you have a integra Ls you might want to go buy some springs that will drop 1-1.5 and most likely it will be stiffer if you buy the right brand.

I don't know about now if they still have the caution writing on the box. But the older products that i've seen in the past has it. I will take a picture of it and show you guys if i still have the boxes.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1stk20z3 said:
i thought thats what the adjustable dampening is for. racing.
Adjustable damper systems are made for racing. Thats why it cost an arm and a leg. I'm just talking about the drop springs and adjustable coilovers.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
That's why some of us always says lower doesn't mean better. Lowering your car (From stock) by a little will improve handling TO A CERTAIN POINT. For our car I think it would be around 1.5 inches lowered from stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts