8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-HP-SHOCKS-STRUTS-06-07-HONDA-CIVIC-4DR-SI-JDM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQihZ005QQitemZ150151599850QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Are all aftermerket shocks going to be about that price??

I'm dropped on S-Tech's and my OEM shocks are "blown". I really need replacements, but companies have only very recently been making them. These are the only aftermarket shocks that I can find.

Where I live we have quite a few backroads (very substandard) that I frequent.
I drive at least 100 miles per day. I've got 53000+ miles in 16 months. I would like a shock that can take a good amount of (ab)use.

Not gonna lie, I don't know much about suspension.

Do you know of any that are not as expensive, that will work for my setup?
If not I'll bite the bullet, but I'd rather not spend $470 on shocks:eek:mg:

Thanks

·
Registered
665 Posts
anyone have any experience with these? i wonder how well they'd pair up with some Tein S-techs..

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Wow Finally, Tokico Makes Great suspension! I have Tokico Shocks and Progress springs on my 89 Accord and Im telling you that you really cant go wrong with these things.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
rwc said:
anyone have any experience with these? i wonder how well they'd pair up with some Tein S-techs..

If I may add to this..I don't know about using these shocks with the S-techs, however I was extremely pleased with them when I used them on my other car with eibach sportlines, which drop the car even lower.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
i thought those blue's are just replacements for stock...meaning, they are damped to be used for stock springs.

im waiting for Tokico to release the D-Spec (HTS, was it?) for our civics...

·
Registered
153 Posts
i thought those blue's are just replacements for stock...meaning, they are damped to be used for stock springs.

im waiting for Tokico to release the D-Spec (HTS, was it?) for our civics...

Not true...the Blue Tokico's are well above any stock setup...they will not fail and they provide a sporty ride and longevity...I got mine for about $285 shipped...in November 2007.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In the description it says front only... I definitely need, and have been needing, all 4 dampers.

Did you receive all 4?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts