8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you get the Hondacare extended warranty, it spells out pretty much all performance accessories as voiding the EXTENDED warranty. I believe that they can get away with this because is is not the original factory warranty. They do, however allow for the HFP mods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm getting the HFP Sport suspension. Is it covered by the 3 year 36k mile warranty or only the part 12k mile warranty it comes with? Also, what does everyone think about the HFP brake pads on OEM rotors?

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
thats oem no problem

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a Jackson Racing Supercharger and I have the 3rd gear grind problem. I went to Keenan Honda and they said the supercharger voids the warranty on the drive train including the transmission, is this true?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had my car serviced at the dealership bcuz i was getting the engine light. Turns out it was the maf sensor on the CAI but the dealer still replaced the sensor. So as far as i know a CAI will not void warranty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i had the same problem with my civic, goes to the dealer modded all the time. mod list 18' volk te37, dc5 brembo, cf hood and trunk, amber fogs, dc5 recaros and tein springs i did have a small issue with honda in my town fixing it saying "that it wasnt 3rd gear at all but the clutch and that wasnt covered under warranty" in the end i just took the car to my uncles honda dealership and had it done that way even though its over a few hrs away

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
It's all about who you know. I know the service manager at my Honda dealership and he has a turbo si. Older gen though. I go in there all the time with no issues and I'm pretty low and supercharged with a ton of mods. They never give me ****.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you get the Hondacare extended warranty, it spells out pretty much all performance accessories as voiding the EXTENDED warranty. I believe that they can get away with this because is is not the original factory warranty. They do, however allow for the HFP mods.
with this being stated i purchased my 09 honda civic si with 30k on it and i purchased the extended warranty. i just recently purchased this car and was hoping to do minor things such as Halo leds to it and CAI and maybe a exhaust so with this being said will this void the extended warranty

·
Registered
20 Posts
i had the same problem with my civic, goes to the dealer modded all the time. mod list 18' volk te37, dc5 brembo, cf hood and trunk, amber fogs, dc5 recaros and tein springs i did have a small issue with honda in my town fixing it saying "that it wasnt 3rd gear at all but the clutch and that wasnt covered under warranty" in the end i just took the car to my uncles honda dealership and had it done that way even though its over a few hrs away
did they fix your 3rd or was it your clutch?

·
Registered
73 Posts
This thread is perfect for me, the warranty is the only thing that's making me reluctant to reach under the hood. Probably gonna talk to the service manager at the dealership soon.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do not flash if you want to keep warranty, anything done over the ecu can ultimately be the dealers claim to anything going wrong. And it's super easy to plug up a nice scanner to the obd port and check versus stock settings

·
Registered
156 Posts
i asked this question when i bought my current SI and they said modding/aftermarket parts does Not void my 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My motor just threw a rod, (77k on a 07 fa5). I bought her used from Honda of Columbia back in May. I also opted for the extended warranty. I got the car towed back to the dealership, and within two weeks, they had installed a new short block and internals, and the warranty company picked up the tab. I only had to pay a $100 deductible. They asked about my intake, (injen cai) but they never questioned whether or not it had to do with the motor blowing. I told them that I hadn't hydrolocked it, (really, I didn't). So all in all, I think they didn't give me the run around that I was expecting. If they did, I have a buddy fresh outta law school who is itching for some work.

Jon

·
Registered
2 Posts
@ Jonny Neutron specifically or any one else who might know what i should do....I have an 07 R18 5spd civic.....only 60,800 miles....had the extended warranty on it....bought it brand new.....just started making a knocking noise....aka rod knock i was sure of....got it towed to my local honda dealer where i purchased the vehicle from....they are giving me a hard time because i have it "modded". I have intake manifold, headers, nst light weight pulleys, aftermarket exhaust, had a cai on.... but took it off recently....they had a honda rep come out and i guess pretty much opened the hood and said the warranty was void because of what i have done....i was then given the 800 number for honda customer care to talk to them about my inquiry....they are tryin to tell me the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act only protects the performance parts themselves not the dealers warranty....which sounds like bs to me after reading into it...so what is the next step i should do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I've been able to discern from the m.m. Warranty act, is that the performance part voids the warranty on that part, (I.e. a cai voids the warranty on your airbox). However, if it can be proven that an aftermarket part was the root of the problem, then they do not have to cover said damages. I'd have a lawyer check into the wording if they are giving you the run-around. Good luck!

81 - 100 of 104 Posts