8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2009 sedan has a headlamp with a bad seal so moisture condenses in it overnight. This means I must replace them rather than sand and re-spray them.

OEM Honda headlamp assemblies are $240. Many aftermarket options appear to exist but what is good and lasts?

·
Super Moderator
2,567 Posts
I've tried DEPO and they are not great. I've tried a number of other ones that I can't recall where manufactured them. Anyway, they were all pretty much crap. Crap in that the headlight pattern was horrible. They are cheap for a reason. If you want to keep the car forever, then bite the bullet, if you are planning on trading it out soon, then go for the aftermarket ones. Hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It does. The answer has to be purchase the OEM headlamps.

May 18 update - Honda Parts Now just emailed and stated they cannot fill my order for both headlights so I cancelled it. I guess it's 'back to work'.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a 2006 sedan driver's side that was pulled/replaced 3 months into my new ownership due to a minor parking lot accident. (don't recall if 2006 assy is the same as yours??)
Lens is scuffed on the amber side-light area, but no cracks. I'll post to the FS section if you're interested.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought mine on amazon 2 years ago for $130 a pair. They fit like stock and are still clean and clear. I didn't have any problems with the light pattern.
Yes, but what brand? I was unable to get information from HPNow as to whether these headlamps will be available in the future or not. Regardless, I cannot wait and must have a known good light pattern because my son is working on his license and needs the night driving hours.. I'm visiting the local salvage yards in the next few days to see if I can find a pair that are worth refurbishing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2006 sedan driver's side that was pulled/replaced 3 months into my new ownership due to a minor parking lot accident. (don't recall if 2006 assy is the same as yours??)
Lens is scuffed on the amber side-light area, but no cracks. I'll post to the FS section if you're interested.
I'm not sure shipping a used headlamp makes sense. Car-Part dot com shows most salvage yards i my area selling aftermarket assemblies.

·
Registered
08 civic si coupe
42 Posts
Don't remember the brand. It's amazon though. If you don't like them give back. I'd just look over the worst reviews of the one's you like and see what might be an issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rock Auto stocks both Dorman and Tyco. Much better 'name recognition' than the no-name brands the are promoted on Amazon. Despite this, you can find both Tyco and Dorman on Amazon if you search specifically for them. My best delivery times were from Rock Auto so they got my order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts