·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
glad we could help

·
Registered
453 Posts
yes props, this how to along with a few others on this topic helped me greatly in installing my aftermarket nav unit. THX!!

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
:woot:

·
Registered
10 Posts
ya this helped a lot but i also get an interference as soon as the factory amp turns on and i know my speakers aren't blown does anyone have any suggestions for this i cant deal with this lol.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ya this helped a lot but i also get an interference as soon as the factory amp turns on and i know my speakers aren't blown does anyone have any suggestions for this i cant deal with this lol.
did you solder on rca connectors? if yes, are the solder joints clean? I get interference noise what so ever

·
Registered
10 Posts
i didnt solder anthing i did the whole install with butt connectors.I didn't hook any rca's up because i was just using the factory sub unless i dont know what rca's are(which is a good possibility) it sounds like the interference from tape players way back in the day i was thinking that the factory amp was amplifying the sound from the deck because the change song beep is also really loud...i dunno im no pro at this lol.

·
Registered
453 Posts
you need to solder all your connections, butt connectors are only OK and could be the reason for your feedback, do you find your volume extremely sensitive? when you use the high level outputs of the aftermarket unit it makes the volume highly sensitive

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
nope

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
thats a solution

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay, got some problems here. I just put a Pioneer 5200 dvd/bluetooth into my Premium 07 SI sound system.

First, and most importantly, I've gotten a constant, low fuzz coming through the speakers. I'm not sure if this is a grounding problem or if something is getting amplified that shouldn't be. HU is aftermarket, rest of sound system is stock, including amp and sub. The fuzz gets WAY worse when I got to watch DVDs and have to turn the volume up louder.

As for the subwoofer, it is obviously uncontrollable from my new HU. Is there any way to connect the factory sub to the Pioneer HU? I hate not being able to control sub levels as different music needs different levels. If I were to add an aftermarket amp/sub, I would want to turn off the stock sub - any way of doing this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #75 (Edited)
if u have done it the way i showed u will be able to use but not control the stock sub

·
Registered
453 Posts
if you have noise its generally bad solder joints or as you said, a bad ground. the sub runs off the rear speaker inputs so no there is no way to control the sub through the HU

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
:yeahthat:

61 - 80 of 117 Posts