8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
use the rca method so you dont destroy ur stock amp.

white rice has a thread

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
if this doesn't look too hard after seeing the pictures, i'm definitely looking into it.
i talked to a guy at crutchfield, and he said they don't have a way to use the factory amp, which means i would lose the factory sub... but i want to install an aftermarket nav head unit... so... if this works i owe you a high five!

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lol it works and i have all my speaker working including the sub but there is no control like the factor hu. i can control my aftermarket subs from the aftermarket hu but not the factory sub. it just become more less like an additional speaker. i will be doing the pix sat for everyone.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
didn't mean to post yet, wasn't finished... the crutchfield guy told me they have subs that fit to replace our stock rear deck sub, but that there is no connection to the factory amp for a new sub, and would need an external amp and battery connection for it... so if i did replace the head unit, i might replace the sub w/an aftermarket and put in a small amp

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
didn't mean to post yet, wasn't finished... the crutchfield guy told me they have subs that fit to replace our stock rear deck sub, but that there is no connection to the factory amp for a new sub, and would need an external amp and battery connection for it... so if i did replace the head unit, i might replace the sub w/an aftermarket and put in a small amp
no u dont need an aftermarket amp. if ur just swapping out the factory sub for and upgraded one. that is not a bad idea at all if you dont want to use an aftermarket amp and sub/s but want to replace the factory one. if u are going to install additional subs you will need and amp and sub setup. and it requires running a power wire from the battery to the amp, a set of rca's from the head unit (one labeled sw) to the amp and the remote wire the u used to turn of the factory amp has to be connect also while staying connected to the factory remote source.

Do you have the pictures to put up yet?
not yet i will be taking them on saturday it the only time i have off to mess with it.

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
i do have a after market TV/navy, and i HAD to get a after market amp and 2 kickers since i was half way to have a full system. i do understand what you are trying to get accomplish but if you upgrade the oem woofer like i did try it will work. BUT if you are related with wires n shat! unlike me i gave up. but as far as the amp goes when you install a TV it is not able to connect to the woofer so it basically gets eliminated.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did not read the whole OP BUT i do know that it does not work.
wrong i have every thing working just the way i said to do it. i have an aftermarket pioneer head unit running all the factory components

·
Registered
9,713 Posts
wrong i have every thing working just the way i said to do it. i have an aftermarket pioneer head unit running all the factory components
wow, congrats (for real bro!) i had to spent 2k, actually more to get my shat working rite. and i did pay the pros to get it done. now I'm lol at myself for getting rip off. lol

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do have a after market TV/navy, and i HAD to get a after market amp and 2 kickers since i was half way to have a full system. i do understand what you are trying to get accomplish but if you upgrade the oem woofer like i did try it will work. BUT if you are related with wires n shat! unlike me i gave up. but as far as the amp goes when you install a TV it is not able to connect to the woofer so it basically gets eliminated.
this is not the bypass. this is actually using the factory amp just like the STOCK head unit. the reason people have said it dont work is because u have to use the remote wire t turn on the factory amp once the factory amp comes on it works just like STOCK.all the speaker including the sub and tweeters alll work and sound 100 times better then with the stock radio

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, congrats (for real bro!) i had to spent 2k, actually more to get my shat working rite. and i did pay the pros to get it done. now I'm lol at myself for getting rip off. lol
lol damn i learned this from the best buy guy lol its really simple when it come down to it. once the pics are up ull be like wtf no sh!t lol it s cuz honda put the remote wire on the 20 pin and everything else on the 17 pin

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill be doing it sat sorry bizzy with work and school lol. and if ur putting it back together it should just plug inrt and presto lol unless they did the bypass and disconnected the amp

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
This is actually a good fix. And it does work. Now in terms of getting a aftermarket amp and sub set with a aftermarket head unit, you mak need to do a lil more tweeking. On my old Si, I ran the aftermarket set of the stock sub wires. I was getting a little drum feedback so I had to go mono to eliminate. But everything worked. I even kept my USB input and my steering wheel controls.

Do you have pics of the install? If so, post them up, I would like to see what went into this.

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is actually a good fix. And it does work. Now in terms of getting a aftermarket amp and sub set with a aftermarket head unit, you mak need to do a lil more tweeking. On my old Si, I ran the aftermarket set of the stock sub wires. I was getting a little drum feedback so I had to go mono to eliminate. But everything worked. I even kept my USB input and my steering wheel controls.

Do you have pics of the install? If so, post them up, I would like to see what went into this.
it sounds great i just need to get teh time to take the pics to show

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
that was another ? i had k20, do the USB in the armrest and steering wheel controls work? what about the AUX jack right under the head unit by the console storage?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts