8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed aftermarket foglights on their new civic. I know there is a way, I just don't really want to be the one to experiment. I don't really want to give honda the $$$ they want for their foglight kit either.

·
Registered
201 Posts
foglights

flake,
I was at the dealership and I refused to pay 500 for foglights on my si. The techs (supposively) have to remove the front bumper in order to get to the mounts for the fog lights. Supposively, they need three people to do it. Go figure. Let me know how things work.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
I bought my fogs from www.collegehillshonda.com. My local dealer wanted somthing like $300 for them and CHH hooked me up with them for like $240 shipped, then me and a buddy took the bumper off and installed them. It's not hard at all to remove the bumper, the tricky part was the wiring into the fuse panel. Sure you can get aftermarket fogs from Walmart or ebay but they just won't look as nice as the ones meant for the car. Also I think you may be able to get some knock off fogs for the 06 in a year or so, when china get there hands on them.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
My custom Lamin-x work.. Pic doesn't show it as well as in person. I'll have to get a better one later. I might go ahead a put a second layer on, but I want to see what this looks like at night first.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, maybe this will be a weekend project soon. I'm thinking if I can find some decent quality fogs that are relatively close to the size of the oval hole I will be able to figure some way to mount them in and wire them. I've never gotten into the wiring on a honda, I guess I would need to find the right schematics to find where to tie into the headlight switch. Hmmm... damn jap cars throw me for a loop.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
Yeah I'm sure you can figure somthing out and Rig it up. That's another reason the oem fogs cost so much is because they come with 3 seperate wiring harnest. 2 for the bumper and 1 for the fuse panel and switch. To me it was worth $240 for the oem fogs. I'm sure they will come down in price once the demand for the 8thcivic goes down. I really like mine now and how they look with the yellow Lamin-x on them. I highly reccomend Lamin-x to anyone who has a set of fogs on their car. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts