8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 07 Civic LX. I am getting my tax return next week so I thought I will upgrade my sound system with some of it.Lets say with around $600. My first priority is quality (but not too loud) not showoff but I should be able to turn it up once in a while and not feel bad. I have been looking around some websites for audio parts and saw pioneer FH-P8000BT and pretty much decided that as my headunit. Please recommend the other audio parts for me.(Yeah I need a somewhat good sub, amp if required) Thanks and appreciate your help.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
sorry but that is one ugly head unit. if your wanting a sub you'll need a amp. me personally like either infinity kappa's or alpine type r's. but with that price range you probably wont be looking at those unless you get some good buys and maybe install yourself.

·
Registered
343 Posts
the Pioneer 400UB is more than good for me, i think you would be happy with it, im assuming its less expensive than the 8000, so you can save some money there. are you installing? if not, expect the install to cost 100+. the face kit for our cars is crazy big(not sure on cost, but probably quite a bit more than the regular ones) plus $20 for the wiring harness, and ~$45 is the typical install price.

bass amp intsall can run45-85 depending on the place, and cost about $50 for the kit. thats another $100+. your best bet for $200 is something off crutchfield. maybe a fosgate P2, alpine type R, something like that.

if you go with a prefab box(you probably will, customs can be pretty expensive, not conducive to your budget) and one woofer, try corner loading. i popped a tinsel lead on one of my DD 1512s, and i got a cheapo prefab. thing sounds like crap, as all prefabs do, but when i corner load it, it gets considerably better, and at some frequencies, compares to my 2 1512s in a custom box.

·
Registered
343 Posts
haha prego cane and i have oppposite priorities. guess we need to know what yours are, ricerbee. highs, or bass? off $600, especially installed, and a head unit, you cant have both ATM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys...i m ready to step up my budget if needed...i just need a relatively good system...i kinda wanted a double din headunit n thought fh p8000bt should be good enough...since i dont any see thumps up for my choice what other sets should i look at?...again thanks

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
there a few double din head units out there. pioneer makes a few nice ones. i have a avic d3 in it and i love it. works awesome. you might be able to find one in the forsale section for cheap. as for speakers. go to your local shop and ask to hear some. what might sound good to me, might sound terrible to you. it's definitely a good idea to do a lot of homework cause if not you'll be changing your setup every 2 years or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah...but no nav...no touchscreens...i just need a good double din cd mp3 player...i saw a bunch of 'em on onlinecarstereo.com and crutchfield.com frm $200-$300...but cant choose...if u guys could like recommend my speakers, HU, sub n amp...that wud b awesome...budget now stepped up on ur guys recommendation...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do yourself a favour, and for an extra 30 dollars or so, get the FH-P800BT(one less 0), as this is the exact same receiver from Pioneer, except it has 3 advantages over the FH-P8000BT .
It has 4.0v volt preamp outputs if you ever decide to upgrade to an amplifier down the road.
It has an menu option which allows you to disable the built in amplifier if you are running an external amp, allows the headunit to run cooler.
It has a menu option that allows you to completley turn off the LCD display , which is really nice when driving at night.
And it has a 2 year warranty , compared to the FH-P8000BT which has a one year manufacturers warranty.All these options are not available with the FH-P8000BT .
I have the FH-P800BT in my 08 civic, and just love it.
Pioneer USA - Premier CD Receivers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Do yourself a favour, and for an extra 30 dollars or so, get the FH-P800BT(one less 0), as this is the exact same receiver from Pioneer, except it has 3 advantages over the FH-P8000BT .
It has 4.0v volt preamp outputs if you ever decide to upgrade to an amplifier down the road.
It has an menu option which allows you to disable the built in amplifier if you are running an external amp, allows the headunit to run cooler.
It has a menu option that allows you to completley turn off the LCD display , which is really nice when driving at night.
And it has a 2 year warranty , compared to the FH-P8000BT which has a one year manufacturers warranty.All these options are not available with the FH-P8000BT .
I have the FH-P800BT in my 08 civic, and just love it.
Pioneer USA - Premier CD Receivers
thanks james...sounds like a good idea...but i couldnt find it in either onlinecarstereo.com or crutchfield .com...would you like to recommend any other websites plz?...everybody else...any other propositions on HU and the other parts?...thnx
Q:will 6x9 speakers fit civics...websites like crutchfield recommend 6 1/2s for both front and rear...but i saw some threads with civics with these speakers...

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
keep your stock headunit, get an amp w/ high/low convertor and hook up subs to your stock unit. Oh and upgrade your stock speakers. Thats what i did

·
Registered
343 Posts
I disagree, the stock HU isnt very bad, but it definately isnt great. An aftermarket head unit isdefinately the first step for better sound. Also, TV's arent known for great sound either. theyre usually better than stock, but not by a whole lot. i guess it dpends on just how much quality you want.

You could make 6x9's fit, but i hope for your sake that you have an airsaw. 6x9's generally arent good for doing much other than getting loud, at least ive never liked em. just get 6.5's, youll thank yourself afterward. (just btw, older civics had 6x9's in the rear dash.

if you hover at crutchfield for a few weeks in the scratch n dent and outlet sections, you may find really good deals, although i dont knopw if theyll beat woofers etc. or sites like that. craigslist can yield some good buys too, just use some common sense. if it isnt hooked up, and they dont want to hook itup, or wont let u hook it up, dont buy it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the input so far guys...i think i ll upgrade my HU...i guess its gonna be FH-P800BT...i found one on onlinecarstereo.com for $288...i dont know if that is the best price i get or if that is the best choice...i think i ll go with it unless somebody else come with a proposition...i dont want a 12" sub...i dont want my trunk to shake and treble...i just want a healthy beat...may b a good 10" or 2x8"...what do u all think...for speakers i think i ll go with 4x6 1/2...but which ones???...

·
Registered
343 Posts
if you buy(lets use an amp as an example) from craigslist, and the seller refuses to hook up the amp, or let you hook the amp up in your car, to prove that it works, dont buy it, theres a reason they dont want to hook it up:it probably doesnt work. common sense to me, but some people dont think about it.

as far as highs go, infinity references are quite good.

also, i know the DD 8"s can get an entire car vibrating. its not the size of the sub, its the RMS power that affects whether it will rattle your trunk or not. 12"s usually sustain notes better, like rap beats, 10"s are usually better with kickdrums in rock or punk music. this tends to be especially true in lower power systems, where the motor strength cant overcome some disadvantages with cone area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if you buy(lets use an amp as an example) from craigslist, and the seller refuses to hook up the amp, or let you hook the amp up in your car, to prove that it works, dont buy it, theres a reason they dont want to hook it up:it probably doesnt work. common sense to me, but some people dont think about it.

as far as highs go, infinity references are quite good.

also, i know the DD 8"s can get an entire car vibrating. its not the size of the sub, its the RMS power that affects whether it will rattle your trunk or not. 12"s usually sustain notes better, like rap beats, 10"s are usually better with kickdrums in rock or punk music. this tends to be especially true in lower power systems, where the motor strength cant overcome some disadvantages with cone area.
thanks psycho...i listen to a lot of hiphop/r&b and other music with hiphopish beats...so i think i should get a 12" with low rms power so that it wont shake my car...so wat should be the magic rms number?...so...so far v have...
headunit:- Pioneer FH-P800BT
Speakers:- 4x6.5s, brand???...power???
Sub:-12" with low rms power...brand???...power???
Amp:???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Head unit

I have this double din touch screen CAD-1012

Freaking rocks. Had it for almost 9 months now. It plays dvd.tv,mp3,sd, and has built in USB and Bluetooth for the phone. I think its a great deal. Lots of power 4x65 watts.
I have it hooked to alpine 6 1/2 in the front doors and rear deck. Very loud very clear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts