8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
been here since march (when i ordered the car) picked it up on monday =D..
anyways fun ass car to drive but my only problem is why does it only go up to 6,000 rpm when i rev?:think:
and the reverse has a weird whining noise whenever i let go of the clutch..well here's some pics for now..(not a great photographer as you can see)

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i think you can rev it to redline if you turn off the vsa.. not really sure, i never tried. i wouldn't want to haha. but yea clean car man. commence with the mods =)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
welcome!

are those the New tags for NY?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The 5,500/6,000 limit is launch control. It makes it easier to just smash the gas pedal and get the RPM to a good launch spot. This can be changed with tuning hardware!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha thanks guys answered these problems off my chest..i'm from queens border of long island..and yes those are the new plates..ugly as hell i know but i have to wait 2 months in order to get custom ones

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
The 5,500/6,000 limit is launch control.
Eh, not exactly. The 5800k limit is there because revving to 8200k without a load on the motor is pretty rough on the internals.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
my only problem is why does it only go up to 6,000 rpm when i rev?

the reverse has a weird whining noise whenever i let go of the clutch..

First, comment...Dont do ricer revs please...There really is no point of reving your motor that high. It's just stupid and does nothing!!! :facepalm:

The rev limit of 6K was put on there for a reason....

Second, must be your first manual car..I think you mean it makes that whining noise when you are in reverse...It's normal.

BTW, welcome and you have lots to read upon! So read on before you do anything you should not be doing. :dancingcoolsmiley:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts