8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

581 - 600 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I ordered this setup a while ago and I think I may have the wrong gasket. If the gasket pictured in the OP is correct for the 8th gen, I have different gasket. I had what seemed like a vacuum leak at the time which makes sense considering how the gasket lines up. I don't remember when it was that I ordered everything but would it be possible to get the gasket exchanged for the correct one?

Attachments

·
Registered
944 Posts
I ordered this setup a while ago and I think I may have the wrong gasket. If the gasket pictured in the OP is correct for the 8th gen, I have different gasket. I had what seemed like a vacuum leak at the time which makes sense considering how the gasket lines up. I don't remember when it was that I ordered everything but would it be possible to get the gasket exchanged for the correct one?

Why are you using the oem gasket? Just use the provided white thermal gasket.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Did this mod thanks to Ryan for awesome service and i did check out the awesome store at the dealer. I used CRV intake tube resonator delete and K&N drop in filter, reset ecu did idle relearn hook up coolant lines also . Noticeable gain rev hang starting to go away the longer i drive . More noticeable when shifting up high rpm but normal driving it feel the same as before i also notice my exhaust tone is deeper and my intake noise is a lil louder . This is perfect very easy straight forward and worth the money

·
Registered
992 Posts
No i did not aside from removing the resonator , and used 05 crv intake tube i had to trim the inside wall of the throttle body side i didnt want to modify the stock tube

·
Registered
946 Posts
when did you order this? do you have a part number of the P2R gasket on that package?

I'm not using the stock gasket. I just laid it on top of the thermal gasket to show the difference.
lmk when you ordered this and what info was provided with the order, we will figure this out with you :coffee:

·
Registered
946 Posts
Did this mod thanks to Ryan for awesome service and i did check out the awesome store at the dealer. I used CRV intake tube resonator delete and K&N drop in filter, reset ecu did idle relearn hook up coolant lines also . Noticeable gain rev hang starting to go away the longer i drive . More noticeable when shifting up high rpm but normal driving it feel the same as before i also notice my exhaust tone is deeper and my intake noise is a lil louder . This is perfect very easy straight forward and worth the money
thanks man and it was good you came and picked one up :dance:

^ dude I like that a lot!!! Stock air box with j35 tb that's sick!
Did you modify your air box?
yea definatly a clean look

No i did not aside from removing the resonator , and used 05 crv intake tube i had to trim the inside wall of the throttle body side i didnt want to modify the stock tube
looks nice and thanks again!

-Ryan

·
Registered
992 Posts
so to my update on the j35 throttle body , i uploaded stock tune from flashpro and the rev hang completly went away also car feels more power in them mid range so far so good, my next upgrade will be hps intake tube also i will upload edyno pulls compare stock vs j35 to see how much power i gain stay tune

·
Registered
946 Posts
How much for a J37 shipped? Wanna run one with my CT Supercharger and Vit Big Bore Inlet!
pm returned

so to my update on the j35 throttle body , i uploaded stock tune from flashpro and the rev hang completly went away also car feels more power in them mid range so far so good, my next upgrade will be hps intake tube also i will upload edyno pulls compare stock vs j35 to see how much power i gain stay tune

:dance:

plenty more of the J35 and J37 kits shipped today thanks guys

·
Registered
232 Posts
when did you order this? do you have a part number of the P2R gasket on that package?

lmk when you ordered this and what info was provided with the order, we will figure this out with you :coffee:
Looking at my Paypal history, it looks like I purchased this on 1/20/12 (ID # 97N12257HR078490N). I don't have a part number but it looks identical to this:

2003-2010 Honda Accord V6 Thermal Throttle Body Gasket

·
Registered
946 Posts
581 - 600 of 627 Posts