8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 EX, does anyone else have the problem with the Aero Kit Package pretty much falling off? i have had to have my sides put back on twice but now that my bumper one is falling off my warranty no longer covers it since i have 70K on it. letme know! thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
my oem rear lip was peeling too, i reinstalled with new 3m double sided tape and rubbing alcohol, they are sticking nicely now. if that doesn't work, i also heard of some automotive glue u can use, but will be really hard to take it off after applied

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya its OEM, i have had nothin but issues with my sides... now my bumper is starting to come off. Honda (Whitby/Oshawa) said that the "new" glue they are using holds better then what is used on my car.. but they wont do my rear bumber as its past my warranty stage. my front bumper is holding great tho mind you!

·
Registered
295 Posts
get a product called "fuser" some body shops actually use it to hold on roof that need to replaced instead of welding....i used it on my old civic and someone smashed into the side of the car and it still didnt come off. There are different types, like metal to metal or plastic to metal...etc etc, its not cheap tho,...its about 80 bucks for a little bottle....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have the Aero kid and one side is coming off a bit, front bumper there is just an opening-not coming off but still bugs me. I am worried that come winter water will get in, expand and push off the bumper.

I was thinking of just using Gorilla glue or something and clamping it down for a few hours. What did you do?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Mines been on for like 2 years, the stock tape was taken off and replaced with 3M tape.

I have lightly taped curbs with my front and side skirt and they have no fell off or been damaged.

You should get it fixed while its still warm out and not cold.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
iF 3M DOSE NOT WORK!...

Then you must proceed to stage two sir...

You must attatch it with urathane sealent. it goes by polyurathane or just urathane. also sika 221 or sikaflex 221 black.

It is used to hold in windsheilds. it can be gotten from parts source napa or me (Traction Heavy duty)

Costs about $15.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.