8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the ordeal. I been looking for CAI, Injen to be more specific for a while now, but i have this friend at a Honda dealer that call me up telling me that they just got a SI"returned" that had a AEM SRI.Now the manager said he was willing to exchange my stock intake for the AEM since they need to put the car as stock as possible, my anwers was yes but im not completely combince yet. I havent seen in what condision the intake is and i never been to attracted for AEM intakes before. Any opinions will be apreciated

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
look at it this way: if it looks good..take it! because if it works fine, you got yourself a free f***in intake. BUT if its crap, you get on the FS thread and buy a used stock intake setup again. lol

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Take it. If you don't like it I personally have my whole stock intake system including the ******* tubing that no one bothers to remove because it sucks donkey **** to remove.

If you don't like it then I'll sell you mine for a good price. its got about 8k on it. I've just been keeping it around.

Sound like a nice backup plan to you?

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i had the aem sri it sucks its sitting in my garage on the floor the stock intake is 10 times better and the car is actually slower with it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well i made my mind up ill get it if it looks fine. When i installed if i dont like it ill just go and buy my injen CAI i happen to get some tax refund:dancing: resently lol. If i decide to stay with it; ill just get my dcrh or vibrant.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Take it for sure. If you don't like it just sell it. You can buy the stock intake cheaper and you'll be making money for selling the AEM.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
+ if they are getting a car returned, it cant be very old..and with an aftermarket intake, it shouldn't have many miles on it. take it!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Ok here is the ordeal. I been looking for CAI, Injen to be more specific for a while now, but i have this friend at a Honda dealer that call me up telling me that they just got a SI"returned" that had a AEM SRI.Now the manager said he was willing to exchange my stock intake for the AEM since they need to put the car as stock as possible, my anwers was yes but im not completely combince yet. I havent seen in what condision the intake is and i never been to attracted for AEM intakes before. Any opinions will be apreciated
no

a stock si intake is better than an aem sri. it's only worth it if you were planning to sell the aem sri and re-buy stock parts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
U must be insane today lol. Why wouldn't he do it? The AEM while not the best intake on the market will certainly show gains over the stock setup.
if it did give gains, then yes, he would be insane not to do it

but it will make the car drive worse, and completely **** up the throttle response

aem sri is the biggest piece of **** on the market for the 8th civic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts