8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo 8th...so I heard from one of the guys at my local shop that AEM is working on a piggy back EMS for us...still rumor phase right now, but I will keep you posted after he investigates, thought you all might want to know

finally....tuning

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
yo 8th...so I heard from one of the guys at my local shop that AEM is working on a piggy back EMS for us...still rumor phase right now, but I will keep you posted after he investigates, thought you all might want to know

finally....tuning

this came out along time ago, there a boomslang harness or just hard wire it.
I'm thinking of doing this myself.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, I guess flaming was to be expected, but this was news to me about a new product in the works

ill try "search" before next time...guess i just got excited, but IF they do make something like this for our model, and I find out about it, i will let you know, the tech sounded pretty positive this was for 06+ Si

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

finally....tuning
thanks for more trash threads

:lock:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
some people are just dicks i guess...mods lock/ delete w/e

·
Registered
790 Posts
this came out along time ago, there a boomslang harness or just hard wire it.
I'm thinking of doing this myself.

I checked boomslang webiste and they have the harness for Civic up to 2005. Any other companies making harness to work for Civic Si 2006+???

I really need this information.

Moises

·
Registered
298 Posts
thanks for more trash threads

:lock:
lol
ibtl

some people are just dicks i guess...mods lock/ delete w/e
No...it's just the fact that some of the members that have been around here long enough are sick of seeing the same stupid ass threads come up over and over again. It really is easier just to search...i promise

I checked boomslang webiste and they have the harness for Civic up to 2005. Any other companies making harness to work for Civic Si 2006+???

I really need this information.

Moises
AEM F/IC Plug and Play Harnesses

wow...that was easy

·
Registered
790 Posts
lol
ibtl

No...it's just the fact that some of the members that have been around here long enough are sick of seeing the same stupid ass threads come up over and over again. It really is easier just to search...i promise

AEM F/IC Plug and Play Harnesses

wow...that was easy
First of all, thank you for your help. But I think it was too easy to the point that I'm not sure that the product shown is for the Civic Si 2006+. I doesnt say so. Anyways, I wrote to the company so that they can confirm.

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
First off its not the FI-C, unless you plan on boosting or your Si, or being a track car.

Second, its not called a boomslang or whatever, if you go to a tuner shop, unless they are really small and not sure what theyre doing, they make a custom harness and tune with the AEM EMS.

It is hard wired, if not done rightm your **** will get F'ed up.

Want it done and close to houston texas? PM me and ill give you the details.

Peace

·
Registered
609 Posts
I know this is an old post but I figured I'd clarify the missunderstanding.

(boomslang is a company that makes adapter harnesses)

AEM makes an EMS and a piggyback called FI/C. You can use the piggyback (FI/C) with the Boomslang harness and not have to cut your wires up. This works but can be very difficult to deal with if your not experienced with all the little intricacies of the FI/C. There may ALSO be a boomslang harness that you can run your stock ECU and AEM EMS in paralell.. Basically this allows you to run a full stand alone ems to control your engine, but you retain all the factory luxuries that are controlled by the stock ECU. Both of these can be manually wired in if you know what your doing. But honestly its worth the couple hundred to get the jumper harness from Boomslang, they make great harnesses and you can always go back to stock if you need to.

I hope this clears this up..

Tuner @Secret Services Auto

1 - 20 of 20 Posts