8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the AEM cold air intake. I found out that optauto.com is getting the AEM short ram in stock tomorrow (3/8/06). I was wondering from people who already had the AEM cold air---how does it sound compared to the stock intake? Louder? Deeper? Anything like the 99-00 Si with an intake? Also, are you noticing any problems with the sensor? Thanks.
 

·
Acorns!
Joined
·
17,760 Posts
cold air will be deeper - louder for the most part. Cold air will also produce more HP gains because it's getting air out of the engine bay. I'd be leary about a site saying they can get the short ram in stock. Aem has quoted me as being backordered for up to 3 more months. No one supposedly has them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
the AEM sound great its deaper sound than stock. my friend has it on his white 06 si. but i thin k i wil wait for the V2 intake from AEM for my 06 fiji blue si.
 

·
Acorns!
Joined
·
17,760 Posts
jsal5045 said:
anybody know if AEM is planning to release the V2 intake for the 06 Si any time soon?
I don't know what to believe with aem - but a rep from the company said they had no plans on making a v2 for the SI. Take it for what you want. It might be on shelves tomorrow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
why would they not produce the v2 for the si. itll be a hot car and aem will make it. The lack of a possible bypass for the aem worries me. Any news on injen??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
Yeah, i too am wondering the same question about when injen is going to release theirs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
So did they have the short ram in stock? Did u get it?

tagman said:
I was thinking about getting the AEM cold air intake. I found out that optauto.com is getting the AEM short ram in stock tomorrow (3/8/06). I was wondering from people who already had the AEM cold air---how does it sound compared to the stock intake? Louder? Deeper? Anything like the 99-00 Si with an intake? Also, are you noticing any problems with the sensor? Thanks.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,354 Posts
FigiSi06 said:
why would they not produce the v2 for the si. itll be a hot car and aem will make it. The lack of a possible bypass for the aem worries me. Any news on injen??
I sent Injen an email asking when their CAI would be available. On March 8, their response was "2 months".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
good looking out, everyone should sned them an email, light a fire under ther ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
555 Posts
From tests that I've read, Weapon-R makes an awesome CAI. Their short-rams outperform most CAI's as well. From what I've read it's because of their filters, I am probably going to buy a CAI from AEM and put on a Weapon-R filter. When I emailed them, they did say that they are working on their CAI for the Si's.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
enter801 said:
From tests that I've read, Weapon-R makes an awesome CAI. Their short-rams outperform most CAI's as well. From what I've read it's because of their filters, I am probably going to buy a CAI from AEM and put on a Weapon-R filter. When I emailed them, they did say that they are working on their CAI for the Si's.
filters have a lot to do with performance gains. it can make or break an intake system. I only trust K&N, maybe a few others, on my car because I know that they filter enough small particles to keep from entering my engine. The best intake is probably with no filter at all (less trestriction).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Subject: Re: 2006 Civic Si



yes... it should be out in about a month or so


Hong Dinh
Technical Support
Injen Technology Co., Ltd
www.injen.com
(909) 839-0706 x206
(909) 839-0427 fax
[email protected]







**Please note: When replying to this email, please be sure to include the full contents of the message in your reply. This allows me to respond more accurately and promptly to your message.

----- Original Message -----

From: Figisi06

To: [email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:03 PM

Subject: 2006 Civic Si



Does Injen intend to produce a intake for the 2006 Civic Si? Thank you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Thats the response i got from injen. Time will tell i guess.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
well i don't think the LX/EX will have a short ram intake. I tried different designs and there is no way to fit anything because of the battery. You'll either have to relocate the batter or the other option would be cold air.

Basically with my results, you just need a 90 degree elbow and attach an air filter to that.. that's all the room you have.

I basically spent 3 days trying different things out, spending over 200 dollars in parts.. for something that is almost impossible to do
 
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Top