8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty soon I'll be buying a cold air intake for my 07 Si. I've always had AEM intakes for my Honda's ( my 07 is the 4th Honda car I bought-< 98Integra GSR; 98 Prelude; and 05 RSX Type S) and i never had any problems with the AEM's but recently I read some postings on here that some people have had problems with the AEM CAI. The hesistation and the CEL ( whats that anyways? ).
Pricing wise, it looks like the AEM and the Injen are about the same so installation looks about the same too.
Any feedback, info, and/or stories would be helpful.
thanks

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I have the AEM CAI for almost 2 months now going on 3rd and I have no CEL problems. If you get AEM, another plus side to it is that it comes with a AEM dryflow air filter where you don't have to reoil it everytime you wash it.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
AEM has a dry flow filter that makes it 10x better then the injen. plust the injen CAI does not come with clamps and the hoses dont fit real well. go AEM all the way!

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
1stk20z3 said:
AEM has a dry flow filter that makes it 10x better then the injen. plust the injen CAI does not come with clamps and the hoses dont fit real well. go AEM all the way!
Yeah, go AEM all the way 'sarcasm'......It's a tough choice.

Injen: -I have the random cel, but it doesn't come around too much.
-No clamps, but installs just fine.
-oilcovered filter.

AEM: -Reported hesitation/hiccups with it installed.
-Seen 2 out of two in person that have had the chassis rub a hole in it. No lie, ask GlxyGry06Si for pics.
-dry filter.

You decide. I like the injen over the aem except for the dry filter that the aem has. I would definitely not buy an aem one due to holes being rubbed in them.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
AEM had some issues in the beginning with a CEL but they have did some sort of redesign to correct the issue. Either company offers a great product.

PM me if you need one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
go with the injen! they have no cel problems. i love mine! its sounds very good! installation was easy too even with the fog lights

·
Registered
785 Posts
injen is what i got and i'm completely satisfied. no problems and straightforward. aem fixed their cel problems so like excelerate said, they're both very good, but if i had to buy again i'd get the injen.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i say you should wait new parts for 8th gen civic come out every month, there are threads all over this forum that can give you cons on intakes over the stock intake. but anyways get the AEM bypassvalve and dryfilter.

What is CEL?

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
jtreank20 said:
go with the injen! they have no cel problems. i love mine! its sounds very good! installation was easy too even with the fog lights
don't say no cel probs. I have the random cel; rwatters, and a few others do too. I'm happy that you don't have it. I wish we could figure out how ours are different.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
ryanster01 said:
i say you should wait new parts for 8th gen civic come out every month, there are threads all over this forum that can give you cons on intakes over the stock intake. but anyways get the AEM bypassvalve and dryfilter.

What is CEL?
check engine light

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just installed an AEM CAI and I have no problems. Like the dry filter, don't have to worry about re-oiling. Not worried about the bypass valve. Tons of threads that say you would have to submerge the filter before it would actually suck water into the engine. Don't plan on doing any diving soon!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was going to go Injen but went AEM on cost. Had a Lightspeed SRI on my 94 civic and that sucked!!! Lightspeed still around?

·
Registered
58 Posts
just my 2 cents

i have had both injen and aem
injen on a 95 gs-r and aem on a 88 crx ls- vtec
as far as those two cars were concerned i really liked the aem over the injen. it just felt like a more quality piece and the injen piping size was actually smaller. both put out decent gains but i just really liked the aem.
maybe injen made some good advances since then

guess it's a toss up as i have not driven a fa or fg with eaither as i am running a fujita now
anyway good luck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts