8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I don't really have pics...but just some insight on the installation. The fitment of the pipe is pretty tight. I managed to spill about .5L of coolant on the garage and managed to break off the pipe that runs from the intake tube to the Air Injector thingy. I've done lots of install on things but this had to be the worst. The car is out of commission for a good week while Honda orders the part I managed to break. The intake is on the car...just can't run it. bleh....this puts of installing my springs...i guess that will wait till next week.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Taking out the stock stuff wasn't too bad. I'd suggest that if your going to take the tubes off the engine block you cut instead of pull, which was my mistake. I'll get some pics of it today and post it up here. The hardest part was trying to snake the intake piping from the wheel weel and then trying to dodge all the tubes on the way there. I did they by myself but it probably would have been a lot better to have a second person there to help guide the tube up.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
yeah, I have CAI waiting to go in, but I think I just might use it for when I go to the track or in the non-rainy months, and op for a short ram for daily driving..the rain is pretty bad here in south FL and there are already some drivers experiencing hesitation with heavy rain and the CAI. Nothing sucks more then hydrolocking your car, especially a new one, I wish AEM made this a two piece unit. good luck, and be sure to get some headers and exhaust to take full advantage of the intake :)

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Hope you post pics, does anyone have a site where it shows you how to add the CAI step by step on the small space of that of our Honda SIs. Clubsi.com had a thread on how to install Fog lights, real nice step by step instruction.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so the part came in yesterday. From what it looks like the bottom end of the part sticks into some coolant. *shrug* The intake gives the car a more growl under the hood. I can't really notice any differences in performance though.

I ordered a AEM Short Ram yesterday...i'll probably give that a shot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts