8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay so i bought the AEM CAI intake and it said it was for 06+ and on the box it said only for a 06. i have a 07 coupe Si and was wondering if anybody on here ever put THE AEM 21-216P with this exact part number in a 07??

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
you probably got the old version send it back and get the new version with the revised MAF housing

·
Registered
201 Posts
:yeahthat: That is the old part number and is the one piece CAI. Return and get the two piece with air flow straightener/coupler and supplied rad hose. Plus the old CAI (21-516) has had poor reviews on this site. I've had the 21-519 for four months now with no complaints.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I don't think you're listening.......Don't put that intake on your car. Send it back and get the REVISED intake #

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I don't think you're listening.......Don't put that intake on your car. Send it back and get the REVISED intake #
:yeahthat:

theres no question, it shouldnt have a problem... but you were sent the old version which had poor reviews and such. theyre telling you to be smart and return the intake for the revised one. youll be much better off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
okay thanks michinsi. thats the answer i was looking for.
the reason i cant return it is because i bought it for someone and yeah.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
the old aem intake doesn't have airflow vanes and will possibly cause CEL's and weird idling/bogging.

The new one is the best CAI on the market.

Pretty big difference :D

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
Technically it will fit no problem i had that intake on my 07 But it sucks without the revised MAF housing

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
The air/fuel ratios can be comprimesed causing a rich or lean condition. The car will "bog" or stutter when this happens

1 - 20 of 22 Posts