8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I don't know much about tires and need to replace the ones on my Si wheels (I have an LX w/ Si wheels)

I was browsing the Tirerack.com site and found a few that are cheap but have great reviews, I want to see if any of you have owned or had advice about the following tires. Also should I stay with the stock size or change to somthing else?

Looking at:
- General Exclaim UHP ($73.00 Each) *highest ratings by customers
- Kumho Ecsta SPT ($88.00 Each)
- Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 ($129.00 Each)

Let me know what you guys think

THANKS! :wavey:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
If you're in SoCal, then I'm assuming you are looking at summer tires only, since it doesn't snow down here. I would also consider treadware and how you drive. Ratings don't mean much unless it's a car similar to yours, so look for cars like the RSX, Mazda3, and Corolla/Scions to see what they say about the tire. For everyday purposes, I hear good things about the Ecstas.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Id go with the Kumho.

Itsright in the middle price-wise, had a good rep, and from what I hear is a good tire. I am not looking forward to replacing my stocks. I will be doing tons of research when it is that time.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Izzy said:
Bridgestone Potenza RE-010R. :D
Ya those look like some real good ****. The stock summer tires I have on right now have really good reviews also but I'm tryin' to get something good on the cheap. If I had the money I would love to get some really nice ones though :thumb:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Potenza RE-050s (Bridgestones) if you have the $, otherwise I'd get those Kumhos. They are DAMN good tires for the $.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ryd1ZZ said:
Hey guys

I don't know much about tires and need to replace the ones on my Si wheels (I have an LX w/ Si wheels)

I was browsing the Tirerack.com site and found a few that are cheap but have great reviews, I want to see if any of you have owned or had advice about the following tires. Also should I stay with the stock size or change to somthing else?

Looking at:
- General Exclaim UHP ($73.00 Each) *highest ratings by customers
- Kumho Ecsta SPT ($88.00 Each)
- Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 ($129.00 Each)

Let me know what you guys think

THANKS! :wavey:
Eagle F1's are what I run on my 04 GTO, great tire, great dry and wet traction with 280 tread wear. My GTO is 600rwhp so rears don't wear well but on a light car like the Honda they would be an excellent choice and 129 is a very good price for a tire of that quality. I also ran Michelin PS/2 on it and I actually like the Goodyears better.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, thanks for you input everyone

GoldCivic, That GTO is freakin' HOT! :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts