8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tomorrow my car is supposed to be ready for pick-up and is all fixed the body shop says. :dancing:

Car accident thread

Do you guys have any advice that you can give as what to look for?

I was thinking maybe gaps in body work, paint matching/running although I was told white is usually pretty easy to match, but the TW is just so nice I want it to be good :]. Also my A/C didn't work after the accident so I will check that also. Any help is appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zeuceone said:
No color is an easy match. Look and see if they damaged anything on your car. Like chips scratches.
I was thinking the same thing but the car only had 6k and some change mileage so I was thinking maybe it would be ok, and MAYBE the new paint job will be thicker than the old one :eek:hsnap:

plus all the chips that were there before are gone i guess..

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
That's a good thing. The taffy white that I seen get repainted was off. One of the colors was a little more yellow tinted.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zeuceone said:
That's a good thing. The taffy white that I seen get repainted was off. One of the colors was a little more yellow tinted.
:eek:hnoes: :eek:hnoes: :xyxnervou

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
just make sure and follow all of the body lines and make sure that they didn't forget to take care of something. No matter what do not leave there with your car unless you are 100% happy with the work that they did.. if you leave it's damn near impossible to get them to fix what they didn't fix the first time

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
firmhonda said:
just make sure and follow all of the body lines and make sure that they didn't forget to take care of something. No matter what do not leave there with your car unless you are 100% happy with the work that they did.. if you leave it's damn near impossible to get them to fix what they didn't fix the first time
They "say" its a lifetime satisfaction and warranty service on there walls inside the shop and stuff its not a mom and pop body shop there owned by a major car dealer in town -- Larry Miller -- so im told work is good. Im nervous..

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i would fully inspect the car before leaving the place. u really want to be sure everything is fine and if it isnt bring it up to them.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
cypress said:
i would fully inspect the car before leaving the place. u really want to be sure everything is fine and if it isnt bring it up to them.

:yeahthat:

walk around it like your getting it for the first time from the dealer, make sure the wheels are in the same condition and so forth. Since its a body shop, if they did do anything bad they probably just fixed it. Its not like a mechanic that scratches your car and hopes you drive off without checking your car out first.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
JDMoore said:
They "say" its a lifetime satisfaction and warranty service on there walls inside the shop and stuff its not a mom and pop body shop there owned by a major car dealer in town -- Larry Miller -- so im told work is good. Im nervous..
That's what the shop that did the work to my em2 told me, but they refused to fix anything other than my grill frame which they had completely forgotton to paint all together.

When I took my car back up there for my hood being mis-aligned they scratched it and dented it while aligning it correctly.. and refused to fix the scratches or the dent. I now have a good 500 or so rock chips because of the horrible paint job that they did and they refuse to fix that too.. So like I said, make sure you are 100% happy with the car before you ever sign anything or drive it home.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright thanks im about to head off to work here shortly so if you have anything else chime in please!

But everything thats been listed will defiantly be taken into my process.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Best of luck to you man but I don't have much faith in any body shop unless you know the people doing the work personally :( My Hab Red Si had the rear bumper replaced in 8/2007 and it looked great the first time they painted the new bumper; ie. very good paint match. However, some douche that re-installed the bumper chipped the new paint on the corners of the bumper where it meets up with the tail lights. Back to the shop for another three days and they repainted the new bumper...this time paint match was way off and there were ugly runs in the clearcoat in about three places!!! This place also had the 100% lifetime guarantee...they saw that I was unhappy and gave me the speel that even some of the Civics on the showroom had paint issues, nothing is perfect, yada yada... I knew that I was going to trade in my Si anyway in a few months for a more family friendly ride, but their shitty paint job made my decision to get rid of the car a little easier. If I would have planned to keep my Si forever I would have insisted that they start all over with a new bumper and paint it flawlessly. I spent $500 on my deductible for a shitty paint job. My former Si was bought by someone locally and I saw it the other day, miss the car soo much but seeing that two tone paint job (bumper vs. body of the car) keeps me from being too torn up about trading her in.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My advice is to take your car off the dealership's property where you can fully inspect it from every angle without the shop's staff looking over your shoulder. You can take your time and find any minor mishap with their work that way. If something is not quite right than take it right back to the shop that instant and point it out, then schedule an appt. to have it fixed. My car took so long to fix and I was sick of driving stinky rental cars so I settled on a sub-par paint job on my Si. If you plan on keeping your car for awhile and/or want top resale value, make sure that the work is done right.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Urger great advice really appreciated all of it those couple posts are helping alot as I do want to re-sale and plan on keeping the Si for another 3 or 4 years as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok well still no damn care, AWESOME!

I go to pick it up and they said its over at the honda stealership(literally 1000 feet away & also where i got the car from) right now because the airbag light is still on.

Well long story short or as short as I can make it. The light has been on since the accident, told them it was on when I brought it in over a month ago. But hmm they wait until the last week to run codes and see why its on? Wtf?! :chill: :iorun:

Well now honda is ordering a whole new airbag system they have to be replaced basically in the accident they "primed & loaded" i guess you can say, but didnt discharge and there is no way to "un-prime" the airbags now. And also there is a holiday this weekend so who knows how long its going to take for everything to get here and installed. :Mad: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
Can you look at the car? Maybe make sure everything is fine if not they can take care of it before they hand it over to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts