8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about a year and a half ago i bought a 1995 civic DX sedan for $3,000 and it is a great first car. Just recently i started hearing a tinny (metal sound) like a vibration when the car is getting ready to shift (especially when i speed up) well the weird thing is that it doesn't always do it... my dad got under the car and its not the muffler at all, we looked under the hood and nothing... my dad thinks its a heat shield under the car... i would appreciate feedback on what i should do, or what other people think the sound is... im selling the car in a year to get my new 06' coupe LX so i want the car in best condition possible... thanks!

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I agree with jsn ^^. Sometimes the welds come loose or whatever. They can usually bend/weld it back into the right spot for like 10-20 bucks. I've had it done on multiple cars in the past.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what we thought thanks for the feedback i appreciate it, i can't wait till i get my new civic and don't have to worry about these little problems of the car getting old... thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts