8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am about to buy my header for my car and was wondering what the main advantages going with the vibrant with the hfc and the one without it. Does it make a difference in sound and whats the better product out of both of them? :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Hey guys I am about to buy my header for my car and was wondering what the main advantages going with the vibrant with the hfc and the one without it. Does it make a difference in sound and whats the better product out of both of them? :dancingcoolsmiley:
With the Hfc it's just Less fumes but still won't pass in some States. And It's going to make less power compare with the one without it.
So it's either you save the Planet or make some Power.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
OK, first of all, Donovan Griffith of Vibrant told me that a catless RH will get 4-8 hp more than the cat version, depending on the cat-back and intake.

The cat version will quiet down the exhaust somewhat, something to think about if running a Vibrant or Skunk2 cat-back as sound will be seriously loud.

The cat version has a metallic substrate core that is OBDI compliant. It was designed for race series that need a cat. While not OBDII compliant, it will reduce emissions to a degree and tone down the sound.

As I have said many times now, if I had it to do all over, I would get a regular Vibrant header w/o a cat and couple it to a shorty Magnaflow OBDII hfc, something like NA06Si did. I could have my cake and eat it too.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
No, I think Bill would just like to be legal with the OBDII. The gains would probably be equal with the OBDI or OBDII compliant cat.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
As I have said many times now, if I had it to do all over, I would get a regular Vibrant header w/o a cat and couple it to a shorty Magnaflow OBDII hfc, something like NA06Si did. I could have my cake and eat it too.
Do you know the part number for the OBDII HFC that he used? There are so many variants that I'm not sure which one to choose.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.