8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot of guys on the forum with differant fuel rails and I was wondering what the advantages to doing this were. I am new to upgrading my car and am trying to get the best bang for the buck. Please let me know what the advantages/disadvantages are. The best ones to go with and were the best place to get them are. Thanks.:vtec:

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
I read you other thread and you said your planning on going turbo. Right? A fuel rail along with a higher rate fuek pump can supply more fuel, as long as you have larger injectors that can supply more fuel also. The injectors should come with the turbo kit. So the fuel rail is just a larger diameter fuel rail than your stock one. I'm pretty sure you might also have to go larger on the fuel line for the fuel rail to actually reach its full potential. Or you can just get it cuz it looks cool. Which is why I'm getting one cuz I don't think I'm gonna have enough HP to actually need one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes eventually, I would like to go turbo but that will be a while down the road. I am trying to get the most out of what I can while not doing things that I cant use later when I do turbo.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
One advantage to aftermarket alum fuel rails is they do not hold as much heat and keep the fuel cooler, which can add more HP..

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
the one that skunk2 has out now actually lowers the fuel ttemperature a little, lower tepms the more power. And it cool :thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do any of you have one on your cars. If so, do you have some pics I can see? Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
One advantage to aftermarket alum fuel rails is they do not hold as much heat and keep the fuel cooler, which can add more HP..
minimal at best...

I believe the stock honda fuel system can support 400 hp...I know some one will chime in with exact figures...but it is alot

either way there is more bang for the buck...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is what I was thinking. I think most people change out there rail for appearance purposes mostly. I can think of a lot more things I would rather do now after doing research with the money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts