8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wanted to get your input on some wheels, Im going to buy the Advan RZ, but I need wide wheels cause of FI kit.

Right now Im between the following:

17 x 9 +35 with a 235/40/17
18 x 8.5 or 9 (dont know the offset) or the tire, the wider the better, I just don't want it to have to much negative camber on the back. I have seen many 18x8 but with the 225 tire, I need to go wider...

Im going to lower the car, not slam it, but lower it enough with coil overs, still debating on the brand.

Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm running around 300HP with my CT stage 2 kit and I was going to go 17x8's. I don't think you necessarily need to go any wider than that. If performance is your main concern I would go with 17's.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i have 18x8.5 +45 on the way, which will fit a 225/40/18 tire well if you want meatier tires i would go with this offset but if you want 215/225 you could get away with the +31 offset and some fender modifications, depending on your drop

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm running around 300HP with my CT stage 2 kit and I was going to go 17x8's. I don't think you necessarily need to go any wider than that. If performance is your main concern I would go with 17's.
Thanks for the input but Im shooting for 450+whp, not to undermind your setup, but I wanted to get more traction if possible.

There is a guy here in the forum that is called Jonathan, he is running VR RE30 with specs 18 x 9 + 35 and 18x8.5 + 44, does anyone recomend this setup and can someone help me with what tire size do I need?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input but Im shooting for 450+whp, not to undermind your setup, but I wanted to get more traction if possible.

There is a guy here in the forum that is called Jonathan, he is running VR RE30 with specs 18 x 9 + 35 and 18x8.5 + 44, does anyone recomend this setup and can someone help me with what tire size do I need?
Can someone give me a hand, I have been reading a previous post and Im almost tempted to go with

18 x 9 + 35 on the front and 18x8.5 + 44 on the back with tire size 235/40/18 can someone give me his advice?

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Not trying to underestimate your project, but that FWD civic will ride like a **** either way with 450whp.
ride like ****? turbo doesnt effect/affect (idk) the ride quality of the wheels haha
but it is kinna pointless to have that much power anyways lol

but yeah i would suggest like 17x9 +35 and put a 245/40 on it for the front and maybe like a 17x8 +45ish with a 225/45 on it and you wont have to run no neg camber anywhere but you might rub in the front but who knows

BUT! it all depends on how low you are

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ride like ****? turbo doesnt effect/affect (idk) the ride quality of the wheels haha
but it is kinna pointless to have that much power anyways lol

but yeah i would suggest like 17x9 +35 and put a 245/40 on it for the front and maybe like a 17x8 +45ish with a 225/45 on it and you wont have to run no neg camber anywhere but you might rub in the front but who knows

BUT! it all depends on how low you are
Thanks for the input. I just want to be able to put wide enough tires and wheels to transfer more power to the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts