8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,755 Posts
Vibration is coming from not having hub-centric rings.

Machining rims can harm the structural integrity of the wheel. At most you can only do maybe 5mm, and your wheels might rub even then, depending on tire size. If it still rubs after that you might need to take another step of adding more negative camber.

Although you stopped rubbing because you've taken the stockies out, as soon as you hit a corner hard you will rub (weight transfer). Or if you ride with 2-3 other ppl you'll see it rub a lot again.

· Registered
8,755 Posts
Zomg 245 tires? WAAaaay too big for your low offset. And tire width. Heck I'm skeptical I can fit 235 tires on my 17x8 et38 wheels, and that's with some negative camber up front.

Two to three things you'll need to do:
1) 225 tires. Yes it'll be stretched, but not like those cheesy pics in the VW forum. BUT, you do need to know that you'll face premature wear on the tires (that VW link kinda sucks btw, in terms of info). Reason being, tires are designed to bend at certain points, calculated by the wheel width. With stretched tires, the tires are bending at a different area in the sidewall, an area not intended or designed.
2) Negative camber. Two sets of camber bolts up front, a pair of camber arms in rear. I'm guessing negative two degrees all around. If you're planning on lowering, you'll probably need to have at least -2.5 at the rear.
3) If you don't want that much negative camber, then you need fender rolling in addition to some negative camber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.