8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm using my RF 3sixty to tune the crossover of my sound system... Really a noob here who needs some advice.

Using Dynaudio MD 160 mid and MW100 Tweeter with a 12" IDmax.

How should I tune cross over?

Below is what I have done.

I adjusted the tweeter according to the spec...High Pass to 2.5K with 24db/oct
I adjusted the mid according to the spec... HP to 60 Hz and Lp 4K Hz with 24 de/oct

I know there's a huge overlap here but really don't know how I should do this. Lower the LP of the Mid or increase the HP of the tweeter?

Sub? I put the Lp to the max of 160 Hz.... Sry about the messy details. Pls help if you know what I'm talking about. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
For the mid range, I'll stay close to the optimal flat region of the frequency response curve of the driver. I think 60Hz is a little low, will push it up to 125Hz-150Hz range, that way, you can crank up the volume with less distortion when the bass notes hit. On the high side, bring it down slightly to 3k to blend with the tweeter roll-off.

Tweeter looks ok as long as you keep using the steep filter (24db/octave).

For the sub, I would dial it down a bit, to say 100-125Hz so you won't be able to pin- point the location of the sub. You can also play with the phase 0 or 180 (not sure if the 3sixty supports this) to get optimal performance.

But most of all, play with the settings until you find a good balance in freq response and sound stage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the mid range, I'll stay close to the optimal flat region of the frequency response curve of the driver. I think 60Hz is a little low, will push it up to 125Hz-150Hz range, that way, you can crank up the volume with less distortion when the bass notes hit. On the high side, bring it down slightly to 3k to blend with the tweeter roll-off.

Tweeter looks ok as long as you keep using the steep filter (24db/octave).

For the sub, I would dial it down a bit, to say 100-125Hz so you won't be able to pin- point the location of the sub. You can also play with the phase 0 or 180 (not sure if the 3sixty supports this) to get optimal performance.

But most of all, play with the settings until you find a good balance in freq response and sound stage.
Sounds like good advise... Will experience with this and see how. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts