8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Autoblog said:
The Adidas is a three-door GTI that carries the name of the famous German sportswear brand. The only exterior differences are small Adidas badges on the B-pillars and unique 10-spoke alloy wheels. On the inside, the usual GTI plaid upholstery has been supplanted by a black finish with red side bolsters and the Adidas triple stripe down the middle. Cars equipped with the DSG dual-clutch gearbox also get an old-school shift knob with golf ball texturing.
Autoblog.com

Don't like to read?
- only 4410 being produced
- Special Edition 18" Serron wheels
- Special Edition Sport seats
- Golf ball shiftknob on DSG models
- Bi-Xenon headlights and LED taillights

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well placed additions but whats the mark up on it?

Jeebus VW. Bring back the R32. Crap. Bring back the R32 and boost it.
It's called the GTI R now. Say good bye to the porky VR6 - however now you get the same 2.0T from the current GTI but now it makes 270 hp with AWD in manual or DSG. The bad news? Its not coming to North America.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The point of the Adidas addition is to include the golf ball style shifter if you read the description. I see no golf ball in the last pic.
"Cars equipped with the DSG dual-clutch gearbox also get an old-school shift knob with golf ball texturing."

DSG = Flappy Pedal/Automatic.

The manual isn't a DSG so it doesn't get the Golf Ball.

1,200 Posts
"Cars equipped with the DSG dual-clutch gearbox also get an old-school shift knob with golf ball texturing."

DSG = Flappy Pedal/Automatic.

The manual isn't a DSG so it doesn't get the Golf Ball.
Oops! proved me wrong sorry. :hiding:
Anyway, is DSG all cracked up to what people say it is? Seems like a glorified automatic imo, never driven one though.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Oops! proved me wrong sorry. :hiding:
Anyway, is DSG all cracked up to what people say it is? Seems like a glorified automatic imo, never driven one though.
DSG is quicker, smoother, stronger, more efficient and more "user friendly" since it can be manually shifted with paddles or put into automatic. However I heard of people getting bored of the DSG after a while. It's just not as engaging as a shift linkage and clutch.

To me, manual transmissions will always be number one. They are just more fun. I don't care if they are slower. It saddens me that the manual is slowly dying these days.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
It's called the GTI R now. Say good bye to the porky VR6 - however now you get the same 2.0T from the current GTI but now it makes 270 hp with AWD in manual or DSG. The bad news? Its not coming to North America.
<pedant mode>It's actually called the Golf R :theyareon</pedant>

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
DSG is quicker, smoother, stronger, more efficient and more "user friendly" since it can be manually shifted with paddles or put into automatic. However I heard of people getting bored of the DSG after a while. It's just not as engaging as a shift linkage and clutch.

To me, manual transmissions will always be number one. They are just more fun. I don't care if they are slower. It saddens me that the manual is slowly dying these days.
it's not stronger fyi

1 - 20 of 44 Posts