8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when changing to a new shift boot wat adhesive did u use to make it stick to the plastic piece.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
when changing to a new shift boot wat adhesive did u use to make it stick to the plastic piece.
Yeah I'd like to know aswell. I thought I seen a DIY once before and they didn't mention glue. I plan on swaping my shift boot cover and shift knob someday. So i'd like to know too. Although there are probably already threads like this that maybe explain it all. I just can't remember.

·
Registered
432 Posts
the stock boot is stapled.
You honestly don't need staples or tape or glue or anything. The boot is held in from underneath with a bracket that has 4 screws.

Go take 3 seconds and lift up your stock shifter surround to see how its done.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
the stock boot is stapled.
You honestly don't need staples or tape or glue or anything. The boot is held in from underneath with a bracket that has 4 screws.

Go take 3 seconds and lift up your stock shifter surround to see how its done.
Oh ok I see. I thought I didn't need anything. Someone on here once said the same thing. That I don't need anything like glue, Staples etc. Good thing too cause there's always the chance of switching out again.

I don't even know how to take off the shift boot or look at anything under there. What do I have to do?

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
yeah but if you put it all back together without tape, glue or staples and the shift boot is fine and doesn't become a problem and is held down by the bracket, why even bother with tape, glue or staples? If it looks and functions fine without the tape, glue or staples, why even bother doing that? You never know when you might want to swap again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.