8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am new to the forum since I just bought a 07 Hybrid this weekend. I have done some searching and have found many adding the Avic D3 to their cars. I just wanted to start a post and make sure that I understood correctly...
This unit can be added to a civic even if the car did not have navi stock from honda?
Is there a link that shows how to take out the existing unit and what kit I would need to buy to make the new unit fit properly? I saw that someone mentioned Metra as the kit?
thanks a ton guys
jared

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
I suggest you run a search for AVIC-D3 to see pictures of them installed. It installs just like any other after market radio so it can be added even if navi wasnt an installed on your car. So for removal of the stock one, any DIY radio install would have the information you are looking for.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess i just don't understand how it is going to work. when i look at my dash there are no cracks or anything. i don't understand where the double din kit will go... you don't have to cut the dash do you?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
jrod81 said:
i guess i just don't understand how it is going to work. when i look at my dash there are no cracks or anything. i don't understand where the double din kit will go... you don't have to cut the dash do you?
No, the dash "kit" essentially replaces that entire panel. Basically, you use the same piece as the OEM cars with Navi, "converting" your panel into double din. The seams are toward the tach, usually out of the way, which is probably why most people gloss over it (like me, LOL).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts