8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my story, I was out at VIR this weekend, after 10-20 minutes of running, my ECU started to retard my redline, most of you know my set-up, JRSC, my red line dropped from 8500, 7500, even 7000 ant the end of my 30 minute run. I'm not sure what was causing this, but it could be EGT or knock causing the ECU to retard things, resulting in lower redline, less power. I know I'm running alittle lean for the boost level I'm at, I would like to get a fuel pressure regulator that I can control to increase in a controled way the amount of fuel injected, what company makes the product I need?

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
You SC guys don't like widebands, but do you know what your AFR's are at WOT? The stock pump doesn't last long when you have boost and bigger injectors. If you haven't already you might want to upgrade to the 255lph hp walbro.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have measured my air fuel and it is lean, it is at 11.5:1 at max RPMs but leaner up to that point, I agree I am running hot and that is making it retard, I have a wideband AFR, my boost level is 10psi, I have decided to go with the AJP fuel return system to increase fuel pressure and essentially add fuel across the rpm range. I would like to average 11.5:1 between 4500 -8500 rpms and that will have my a/f to 8000 around 10:1 or 10.5:1.

Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts