8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
who else is addicted to vtec? i use to drive my car like everyone else... that changed. shifting when it blinks is becoming a daily habit... car's got 5,500 miles on it now, should i change my habits if i want it to last?

·
Registered
520 Posts
My little red light blinks at me almost everytime I drive it too. I think we all love VTEC here. I have nearly 30,000 miles and it still runs like new. Just keep good oil in it and it should last for years to come.

·
Banned
1,552 Posts
Lol, before I logged in, the ad just below the OP's post was for Honda trannsmission repair. When I had my Si, I raced that thing at the drag strip 30 - 40 times in one year, on top of running it up to redline regularily. Took it in for inspection at 28,000 miles and they said the clutch was in great condition :thumb: Could be driver mod though as I've never had to replace the clutch on any car I owned

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yup me too, before I leave my house everyday I tell my self " I'm not going to vtec" but sure enough I do
haha i find myself saying the same thing everyday ... "i'm not going to beat on my car today ... gunna take it nice n slow" lol ... first on-ramp and she starts screaming lol

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
The only reason I'd say ease up is for worries of getting a ticket. I went for a while hittin vtec every day but I've slowed down cause I came close to gettin a ticket

·
Registered
47 Posts
I used to be addicted to vtec untill I got a Honda 400ex quad, now im addicted to pullin wheelies! Seriously, I seem to drive the quad hard now instead of my car. It just cant compare to the rush of a 50 mph wheelie.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That little red light on my dash blinks more than my damn blinkers do...You're not alone. Watch the oil, for police, and for innocent little old ladies on Rascal scooters, and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Cant remember last time I have hit vtec. When I first got the car I did every day but now that Im more into drag racing scene and just realized how slow this car really is, so I just cruise around on it now. Saving for my stang.....:)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cant remember last time I have hit vtec. When I first got the car I did every day but now that Im more into drag racing scene and just realized how slow this car really is, so I just cruise around on it now. Saving for my stang.....:)
i wouldn't say slow, or fast. it's quick. ;)

theres no better sound!

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
i wouldn't say slow, or fast. it's quick. ;)

theres no better sound!
Of course there are better sounds...turbo spooling...bov swooshing...etc.

The Civic Si is a fun car, but most of its owners just haven't realized that it's not a fast or quick car from the factory. Some people even think their Si is a sports car...LOL...losers!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts