8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if any of you have seen the nice looking brembos that the new TL type S is sporting, but I have and I am wondering if you can bolt the caliper onto our FG2's with little or no work. Has anyone had any experience with this?

If some moderator would be so kind as to fix the typoed title of this thread, I would appreciate it. I couldn't see a way to do it...

·
Doraemon!
28,229 Posts
FG*newb said:
there was a thread on honda tech about the RL calipers

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/2064643
As much as I salute that guy for his innovation and craftsmanship, I would never trust anyone to make a "custom" bracket for my brakes.

Go aftermarket - at least they have done enough research and testing to ensure your safety.

·
Registered
340 Posts
marc-o-lishuz said:
As much as I salute that guy for his innovation and craftsmanship, I would never trust anyone to make a "custom" bracket for my brakes.

Go aftermarket - at least they have done enough research and testing to ensure your safety.
Yeah :xyxnervou driving that would be soo unsafe..

aftermarket FTW.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I dont think its worth the modification necessary. I know rsx people were thinking of it when the tl-s came out but they realized that it wouldn't fit whatsoever.

·
Registered
329 Posts
BlackSupraC2 said:
mom has that car with those calipers...dont see the big deal...waste money on expensive calipers on a civic doesnt make sense to me
wait for it........wait for it.......

:coffee:

Excelerate said:
Why not just get the ROTORA BBK?

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18264

It has a 13" disc (slotted or drilled and slotted), high performance ceramic pads, ss brake lines, a caliper bracket, 4 piston calipers. And it will probably cost less than trying to fab that TL-S setup.
Very sexy, :yeahthat: I'd much rather have an aftermarket kit like that than a OEM retro'ed setup from a completely different car...

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
ErichPryde said:
It's not that I need the stopping power, though. I was actually looking into a brake kit for some stopping power.
Bro, that doesn't make much sense

1 - 20 of 55 Posts