·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
CR is great for appliances. although im not really fond of any acura
that's out there right now.... the MDX is kinda nice.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
I agree; phone surveys suck. However, I think that many average people don't know that acura IS honda. I think it's car stereotyping. Honda and Toyota own due to their reputations. Acura hasn't achieved that yet.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
CR is great for appliances. although im not really fond of any acura
that's out there right now.... the MDX is kinda nice.
:yeahthat: Well said Ken. CR is great for faucets, washing machines and carpet shampoo. They have always been offbase when it comes to testing cars. I hope everyone remembers the Suzuki Samurai fiasco...

Remember, CR is not an enthusiast's periodical. It is there for the hard, cold facts. Does it start? Does it idle well? Does the heater and air conditioning work well? Does it have good drivability and fuel economy? etc. I wouldn't put too much stock in what they say regarding Acura.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I agree; phone surveys suck. However, I think that many average people don't know that acura IS honda. I think it's car stereotyping. Honda and Toyota own due to their reputations. Acura hasn't achieved that yet.
the first part, u imply by saying that acura is honda, that quality on both should be great and with good reps.

in the latter part, you say that acura "hasn't achieved that yet", "that" prolly meaning a good reputation.

make up ur mind.

and IMO, since acura is the luxury version of honda, i'd say quality is the same, if not better.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
and IMO, since acura is the luxury version of honda, i'd say quality is the same, if not better.
I think Honda and Acura divisions both have the same quality, but the Acura cars are probably driven by a larger pool of people who on average treat their cars a little more harshly and don't know about the proper upkeep many around here might stick to.

Someone buying a Honda to save money and keep for 10 years might keep their car running better than someone just leasing a big Acura sedan for 2 years and not giving a **** about it beyond using it to beat traffic.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
the first part, u imply by saying that acura is honda, that quality on both should be great and with good reps.

in the latter part, you say that acura "hasn't achieved that yet", "that" prolly meaning a good reputation.

make up ur mind.

My bad on the miscommunication. What I mean is that most people don't know that acura is made by honda; so when people say "it's a honda, it'll last forever", Acura doesn't come to mind. You get what I'm saying?

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Honda's executives should be shocked and worried! the same for Toyota. Honda and Toyota need to get back on their quality. Like i said a while ago i was inside the new redesigned Acura MDX,and the glove box had a huge gap in it that i could stick my index finger clear through it! it also seemed to have the same exact interior materials as the Civic and Accord and it was $40,000!!! totally not worth it at all. I don't get it,the previous gen civics didn't have any quality issues and the interior had great quality,the same with previous gen Toyota's. I mean whats the deal here? does Honda and Toyota not care about their quality anymore? or did they switch suppliers or are they trying to fix their recent quality issues? WTF is the problem?!

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Honda's executives should be shocked and worried! the same for Toyota. Honda and Toyota need to get back on their quality. Like i said a while ago i was inside the new redesigned Acura MDX,and the glove box had a huge gap in it that i could stick my index finger clear through it! it also seemed to have the same exact interior materials as the Civic and Accord and it was $40,000!!! totally not worth it at all. I don't get it,the previous gen civics didn't have any quality issues and the interior had great quality,the same with previous gen Toyota's. I mean whats the deal here? does Honda and Toyota not care about their quality anymore? or did they switch suppliers or are they trying to fix their recent quality issues? WTF is the problem?!
I agree with the interior material comment.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Did anyone read the description of the survey? It was 1200 people's perception, key word there, of auto manufacturers. It's not like Consumer Reports themselves said they were low. There is absolutely no reason to believe 1200 random people's opinion as fact and assume that (Acura's fallen quality) to be true. I think Acura is doing fine in regards to their overall quality. The build quality of my dad's TL is on par, if not superior to, other luxury brands available and I agree with the execs. Acura has always been one to be on top of their game.

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
maybe its because the CARS SUCK!!! compared to thier other Japanese, german, and american counterparts in the luxury field?
I believe so...
Acuras interiors are dated and cheap..thier desighns are horrid as well...
combine that with all the "problems they have" ahem tranny problems...and ya..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
maybe its because the CARS SUCK!!! compared to thier other Japanese, german, and american counterparts in the luxury field?
I believe so...
Acuras interiors are dated and cheap..thier desighns are horrid as well...
combine that with all the "problems they have" ahem tranny problems...and ya..
For an entry level luxury vehicle, my csx type S is great. I looked at the Civic Si. I have to say the heated leather seats, and different look of the car is definitly a plus. Of course the luxury of different cars are different. The transmission issue is the only issue so far that I've found common with the Si.

It's not that the cars suck. SOME and I mean SOME people don't know how to take care of their cars. It doesnt matter if they drive a honda or an Acura or a BMW I've seen lots of cars that have been beat to ****. I intend to take care of my car. And my car doesn't SUCK... it may suck to you, but I'm sure there are many acura owners that take care of their car and love them.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Someones reply on that webpage had it right for me:

Their SH-AWD is rather stunning, and Acura wants credit for it.
Acura brand recognition is certainly below BMW/Lexus/Mercedes and it's a smaller brand than Toyota/Honda, so I can see where it could fall through the cracks of a blind phone recognition study.

·
Registered
221 Posts
"Data collected from 1,720 U.S. adults found Toyota and Honda brands are perceived as the best by a wide margin. Ford, Chevrolet and GMC were third, fourth and fifth, respectively."

^third , fourth , and fifth because dumb hicks love these cars.

O and btw, Acura has a better interior than Lexus or Infiniti.. by far

1 - 20 of 33 Posts