8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i first put on my JDM emblems it was crooked and its been bugging the hell out of me for the past week.. so today i went and got some adhesive so i can remove the crooked emblem and set it straight.. well that all worked out fine untill i started using "GOO GONE" to remove the emblem.. i guess theres somthing strong about the chemicals in that because 2 streaks fell down my emblem and it looks like it got burned from it. like the plastic is discolored for the 2 streaks.

ok so now i have a question.. should i treat the emblems as if they're plastic, and google how to remove scratches from plastic? they feel more "wax-y" than plastic but i can't figure out what material they're made out of.. also, would getting burnt and getting scratched fall into the same catagory? like if theres a way to rid scraches on plastic would they work for a burn too?

any help would be appretiated.. thanks

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Well considering a burn is a chemical change and a scratch is a physical change, I wouldn't say they fall into the same category of damages.. but fixing them would be the same. I.e you would sand off the top layer and then plastic-x/buff them smooth again. Not sure what emblem you're talking about, though, so it's kind of hard to advice what you do...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well considering a burn is a chemical change and a scratch is a physical change, I wouldn't say they fall into the same category of damages.. but fixing them would be the same. I.e you would sand off the top layer and then plastic-x/buff them smooth again. Not sure what emblem you're talking about, though, so it's kind of hard to advice what you do...
the red JDM H for the rear. i would post a pic but its dark outside.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
the red JDM H for the rear. i would post a pic but its dark outside.
Ah gotcha. Not really sure what that stuff is exactly. If it's already ruined to the point where you have nothing to lose, I think light sanding and that plastic-x stuff for removing scratches in plastic might work

1 - 12 of 12 Posts