8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting the fog lights, but I was told they would come to like $650.00 installed, when you can buy them for like $250.00 without installation. Also, the Cargo net & Trunk Tray need to be "Installed". Will anyone be doing this themselves? I guess the one benefit is that the fog lights will be included in the warranty if done by Honda. Opinions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
So how much does it cost to have the cargo net and trunk tray "installed" :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
The trunk tray you should be able to easily do yourself. The cargo net requires a rivnut tool which if you don't have could be a problem. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to install but if you're not careful with the drill you could rip alot of that fabric off the trunk liner (don't ask me how I know), so you may want the dealer to screw that up and replace it for you.

my real $.02 on it

·
Registered
84 Posts
do it ur self. installing fogs? r u kidding me? dont pay $400 for install on that. It would take like 2hrs to do urself.. DIY

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
IMO, DIY. Now if the dealership is charging you less than $100 for the installation of the more time consuming accessories, such as fog lights and courtesy lights, then you might want to consider it. Otherwise, find a friend to help and save yourself some cash.

All the accessories come with installation instructions, so it's not like you're flying blind.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
DIY...only if you've done anything like this before. If you've never so much as installed stereo accessories in your car, get a buddy who works at Best Buy or someplace to help you. Cutting out the holes for the lights themselves can be a ***** if you're not careful. Either way, have a friend present. You can really scratch up the bumper if you do it by yourself.

Not that I know that from experience. :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think my main concern is that if something happens like a year after I install something w/electrical, that they will blame me and say that that was the reason for the problem. Having it installed before I get it will make it covered under warranty. Decision Decisions...

Thanks for all the responses so far.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its a honda, if you instal them as the instructions tell you too, you will probably NEVER have a problem...

Now then, if you've yet to purchase the car then have them throw that stuff in the deal. If your paying MSRP or close to it, make them install them for free. Pay for the kit, but tell them you want them installed for free...

I had to almost pay MSRP on my `02 RSX-S, I made them throw in the fog lights installed for free...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I already signed for the car. MSRP was $21,100.00. I got it for $20,360.00 with a free oil change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts