8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought this kit to add a little touch to the interior of my car:

It gives amazing look, good brightness, tons of options (although I rather the dimmest blue so can match my interior) and its like 20bucks, best for my opinion; however, since I’m using the car lighter slot for a bluetooth receiver and wanted a more OEM style I want them to work with my interior lights so every time I turn them on these accent lights comes out at the same time; something like the fog lights: you can turn it on or off whenever you have the low beam on (on this case interior lights).

so that said, and considering my lack of knowledge on electric area on cars, how can I do that?

I was thinking on T-tap my interior lights fuse (#14 Interior Fuse Box 7Amp) and ground it to any bolt on the interior. I’m not sure if that is the way to go, if there is an easier and less risky way; certainly I don’t want to fire my car up.

hope yall can help me out.
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you want it to be on with the headlights, or on with the dome light? Either one you have the correct idea with the fuse for it to be safe. Make sure to remove paint from wherever it is that you ground the lights as it needs to be a clean metal on metal connection for best safety.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you want it to be on with the headlights, or on with the dome light? Either one you have the correct idea with the fuse for it to be safe. Make sure to remove paint from wherever it is that you ground the lights as it needs to be a clean metal on metal connection for best safety.
I want them to work with interior light (dashboard lights)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your dashboard lights don’t come on until your headlights are on, which is it? Headlights or dome lights?
If I flip the stick one time, the parking lights and the ac control/radio lights will come on (i want them to work with this); if a flip it a second times, low beam will come out and there is when I can turn on my high beam. Hope you could understand haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts