8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently had my AC serviced ( new expansion valve, recharge, etc), and it worked great for about a month. Then it started to blow only semi-cool. Just for kicks, to see if the mix door was involved at all, I turned the temperature knob all the way to hot, waited a few seconds, and then turned it all the way back to cold. Bang! Nice cold air again. Any ideas of what my underlying problem could be?

·
Registered
39 Posts
If the coolant is old, get that changed out.
I changed mine recently, and the hot air really is hot.
Yeah but during the summer, the weather alone should provide all the hot air needed. If that isn't enough, listening to a political speech will give more hot air, even if the car's engine ain't running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been having a similar issue. Sometime AC is not very cold, then I move the knob from cold to hot and back again and it's cold. I was thinking maybe something with the air mixer.
Please post if you figure it out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My A/C went out a couple of weeks ago (I live in AZ... It's horrible). I realized that my A/C line was hitting my engine mount, causing it to create enough friction to put a hole into it, resulting in a leak. This doesn't sound like what's happening to you since you are still getting cold air though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts