8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read some other posts about ac issues others where having. My issue is similar to many. So first if it sits out in the hot days, the ac will work horribly, won't blow any cold air and seems like it struggles, unless I get on the freeway and get up to speed then it kicks on and blows air out correctly. It also does the vent cutoff situation, where it doesn't blow out the front vents just the defrost spot so I never switch it to defrost so it can continue to blow out the front vents. If it is in my garage then the ac works nice and cold. Had it diagnosed, the tech put in the dye, even though it had good amount of freon he said, no air in the system nothing. It did blow out cold again once he serviced it, because before that it wasn't doing so at all. Not sure how long the dye last but will see, because I took it back weeks later and it has to be in the system for a good min first before checking for leaks I was told. He did mention a part I forgot the name of, believe it's one of the parts behind the dash? Might be acting up that's one thing so far. I'll give a update for those in the same situation ok. 08 ex-l

1 - 1 of 1 Posts