8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently picked up a 2008 civic lx. The ac wasn’t working and the pulley was shot. So I purchased a new ac compressor clutch and installed it today. When I started it up after replacing, the compressor clutch would not engage. I tested the power lead down on the clutch and it is not receiving any power. I jumped the clutch directly to the battery and it kicks on and blows cold air perfectly. I bypassed the thermal protector on the compressor to see if this was the issue and no luck. I also checked the relay and tried a different one in its spot and everything looks fine up there too. Can anyone help me on what I should check next?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would jumper the relay to make sure the clutch will engage. If so, then you should verify that the relay is getting the signal to engage. If not, then you'll need to trace the wires back depending on which circuit wasn't working.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would jumper the relay to make sure the clutch will engage. If so, then you should verify that the relay is getting the signal to engage. If not, then you'll need to trace the wires back depending on which circuit wasn't working.
I replaced the mg clutch fuse in the fuse box and replaced the relay for the hell of it, and it is working now! If it was the relay I don’t know why it appeared to be fine. Maybe it wasn’t getting contact for some reason. Regardless, I’m happy it’s working. Thank you for the advice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts