8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I know a lot of people have had AC problem as a common issue on their civic. I found many articles/discussion/youtube videos about it, but I still haven't found out the right solution. I got a new AC relay (39794-sda-a05) from Honda and to replace the old one, but AC still blows hot air. When I turn on the AC, the clutch does not run at all. From your experiences, do I just need to replace the AC clutch or the whole AC compressor? or any recommendation for me to do to better diagnose the problem and find a solution?

I'm a new Honda owner. Just got a used 2009 Honda Civic 8th gen 4-dr sedan LX few weeks ago. I need some help from you guys here. will very appreciate your help. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I replaced the AC relay just like you did and when the AC still wasn't blowing, I did more research and I might have seen another thread either here or over on honda-tech recommedning replacing the AC clutch as well, which I did and it seems to be working fine. The only problem I have now is that AC still stops working on long road trips. I've taken two road trips since relay and clutch replacement and each time about two hours into each trip, the AC stopped working. However, after the car cools off, it starts working again just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts