8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello so i’ve had a 2.2 type S Civic for a while and i have spent many thousands on mods, all new brakes (type R) with EBC discs and pads, BC Coilovers, CG Motorsport Single Mass Flywheel with dual compound clutch (paddle one side, stage 2 the other) double decat into single sports cat into twin race pipes, custom intercooler, new turbo and manifold and stage two tune, its a quick oil burner!

However i am plagued with ABS issues, i’ve changed every cable, bearing and tried other pumps but every time i go to get it mot’d some other part if the ABS has a fit and so far i’m stuck with what to do.

It has braided hoses but i like the ABS delete kits which could be an option however I don’t want lights on the dash (ABS AND VSA) is there a way to delete the abs for the car at all?

I have my own garage, i do many tuning things including remapping but this one has me totally stumped!

The mot rules show if you can prove the ABS is deleted its fine however with the funky dash that the civic has it’s annoying and takes over the display?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
Scott
Gran Touring Racing.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Are you saying when your remove the ABS fuses, the dash has many indicators lit up? Your description is a bit confusing, although you present an interesting problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you saying when your remove the ABS fuses, the dash has many indicators lit up? Your description is a bit confusing, although you present an interesting problem.
Hi thanks for the reply, no I wasn’t saying that, if you remove any of the ABS system the ABS and VSA lights will come on the dash as would they if pulled the fuse so if i remove the abs is there some way to ‘map’ out the abs system at all, obviously the speed sensors will still need to read for the digital dash i would imagine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts