8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 28 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Ugh, you've gotta be kidding, I think my friend is a victim of this too! We just sold my wife's '06 Civic EX Auto to a close friend a few weeks ago. The battery died on Friday even though she didn't leave any lights on or anything. Another friend gave her a hot shot and she took the car right to Sears for a new battery. Now the brake & ABS lights are on on the dash. Brake fluid is fine and I checked all pads F&R today and they're all fine. Then I came on here and found that many people have had this problem. It's been 37 1/2 months since we bought the car so should she be expecting a $900 bill to fix this problem w/ a new ABS modulator?

Has anyone else had this problem? Please tell me there is a recall on this or something! Like other's have said paying almost $1,000 just because you had to hotshot the car is rediculous! Why are so many of these modulators failing just because of a hot shot?

Thanks for any replies!
-T

· Registered
3 Posts
Ok, this is sounding much better now! I will tell my friend to take it to Honda to have the codes cleared. Hopefully there is no charge for this!

Thanks "The Power of Dreams'!! I hope you are correct and this reset will clear the lights.
-T

· Registered
3 Posts
Hey 06CivicEX86- Glad to hear you got this fixed! You mentioned the unit was in 3 parts-
I want to replace my ABS control module myself. The unit appears to be made up of three parts. The Electronic control, the pump, and the hydralic unit. The replacement part is all three units.
Since this fragile little unit was blown while we were jumping the car battery, shouldn't we just need to replace the electronic part or do the 3 pieces not come apart?

1 - 3 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.