8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I was finishing my TPS Calibration for my throttle body cleaning service, I decided to check everything on the OBD2 scanner and I did find a fault code (not a check engine light) for "ABS/VSA Control Unit will quit communication above 50km/h (30 MPH)." I have the choice to erase the fault code but i'm not sure it thats the right thing to do. I figure I should erase it and drive it around for a while and later check back to see if it comes back. I think this fault code triggered because of the many times i've removed the steering wheels airbag and not waiting 3 minutes for the power to go away. Any advice on this? should I reset the code? Will it not mess up anything? First time using a scan tool and normally take my car to AutoZone so they can scan it. Thanks.
Light Communication Device Gadget Output device Font

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will just "delete" the fault code and hope I don't mess anything up.......

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just reporting back if someone in the future has the same problem as me but I erased the code with the scan tool and it's been good ever since (fault code did not come back). I think the code was triggered because of the aftermarket ABS Sensors I used to run back when I was doing the wheel bearing job which I returned a week later in exchange for factory OEM sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts