1) rust, make sure nothing on the suspension is "crusty"
2) Make sure A/C compressor is working (could be expensive to fix, they are known to grenade)
3) Ask and see if ATF has been changed, if not, no biggie (not a lot of miles), ask about motor oil changes, inspect it
4) check engine mounts (though not crazy expensive to fix)
5) I want to say SOME 09 suffered the cracked block problem, ask about that and inspect the block
6) Otherwise, great find!
A Lot of R18 (normal Civics......not hybrid, non-Si's) are normally beat to death by now. Let us know how it goes!
everything he said above but honestly I'm tell you to take the time and invest in a Ex model. front and rear disc brake yes please. you don't think about it at the time but you should be. do yourself a favor and get a EX model. unless this is a stupid and i mean stupid cheap car