8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is really noobish, but i've never had a car like this. when you're turning it off, you turn it towards you and it stops after 1 click, then you have to push it in to turn it off the rest of the way. why is this? am i supposed to stop in that position for a second, or can i just push in from the beginning and shut it off in one turn?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
IIRC I think I is for radio and interior controls only, II is to allow you to turn on A/C even when the engine isn't running. I always go from II to "off" in one stroke, not like it breaks anything....

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Izzy said:
IIRC I think I is for radio and interior controls only, II is to allow you to turn on A/C even when the engine isn't running. I always go from II to "off" in one stroke, not like it breaks anything....
This is completely wrong. You will never ever be able to run the A/C without the enigne running simply because the engine MUST be running for the A/C to work. What else will turn the compressor? The engine is used to turn the compressor.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
If your going to be sitting around listening to the radio then use key position 1. In position 2 everything needed to run the car is draining power from the battery (computers and such) and will run down the battery a lot faster than position 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts