8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so heres the deal. I built my friends CTSC Si, and he was finally on his way to Evans tuning for his tune before Honda Day when his clutch went out. Seeing as the car was dead 100+ miles away he took it to AAMCO Transmission. The initial estimate was 650 for labor. Two days in, they called and talked to him, (he doesn't know that much about cars) and said they need to take off the "turbocharger" to do the clutch because they could not get a bolt out of the starter. What I need is a list of indivduals who have changed their clutch themselves, and whether or not you had to uninstall any aftermarket parts to do so.

To make it worse they did not reinstall the fenderliner properly and on the way back it came off whle on the freeway and the plastic burnt to HIS rim, fender, door, bumper, and the glass.

They overcharged him by 400 dollars, and caused all that damage!!!
Bottom line: Don't ever use AAMCO

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
You say it was your friend and say him but then say that the fender they didn't put back properly burnt your rims and such....... :shady:

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I just finished my clutch yesterday. The bolt that goes through the starter bracket is easily accessible.

Here's the major parts you have to take off to be able to remove the transmission:

Motor Mounts, Sub Frame, Driver and Intermediate Axles, Clutch Slave Cylinder, Shifter Cables, Transmission Mount, and I think that's about it. You have to drop the steering rack as well, but you can just support it. There's also some miscellaneous stuff, like the ECU bracket and ECU, and removing the battery makes it easier.

Mind you, I only have 3 socket sets and some miscellaneous tools. So I even have a limited supply of stuff to work with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts