8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as some of you may or may not know my car was up for sale. Tuesday I went to some dealer in PA after receiving a link for a vehicle I was interested in. Drove it home that night. Had no intentions of purchasing it that day but could not pass up the deal. They gave me an insane deal on my car with all my mods and etc only to find out later that they appraised it wrong. Turns out they thought my car only had 3000 miles on it when in fact it had over 40K. It was raining and late and salesman didnt realize my car was on Trip A and not on the actual miles screen. Woot for me!!! So here it is

Out with the Old and in with the older

Total opposites...1 is small, sporty and black the other is large, boxy and white

Pumpkin Picking/Apple Picking

"Look out for Charlie, up in the trees"

So thats that. Reasons for trading are I was tired of dealing with the Si. Warranty was expired, waiting for the car to warm up when cold, Mobil 1 oil changes, premium gas, insurance, monthly payments, not being able to drive it anywhere, crappy thin paint. All just caught up to me. Dont get me wrong I loved my Si, it was an expirence and I'll never regret buying it but it was just time to move on.

As far as the xB. I was always a fan of the quirky subjective styling. I know someone who just picked one up and couldnt be happier. So I figured now was as a good a time as any. Its an 05 with 48K, 5 speed, mint interior and exterior. The inside looks better than my Honda's. Things i like so far: cheap and easy to maintain, no premium gas, tons of room, the ability to drive it anywhere. I never ever took the Honda in the truck lanes on the turnpike even if there was less traffic because I was always afraid of rock chips etc. I can drive this car and I really just dont care and I love it. Things I dont like so far: No steering wheel controls takes some getting used to, no navi, no vtec, crappy radio, crappy faux 3 piece wheels on 35 profile tires.

The shop manager actually drove my car home that Tuesday night and one of the techs at the dealer bought my car the next day and claims hes owned every generation of Si. So thats that! Just want to say thanks to everyone whose helped me throughout the years here, especially in the Northeast, you know who you are. Type X more than anyone else has been there for everything most of the time when it was freezing out lol, Thanks bro. And of course I couldnt have done it all with out Team 3 Deep...Never roll less than 3 deep.....Peas

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dang man. I can understand your frustrations with the Si. Those are some of the same reasons I got an EX . . . premium gas, insurance, higher payments, etc.

Those scions are pretty cool cars. I don't know about the xB, but I know that the TC runs a decontented Camry 4-cylynder, so there's a lot you can do to them to easily up the power.

Peace . . .

·
Banned
710 Posts
no way man, I like the xb's, and they're sexy cars in theyre own way, but vtec is still the way to go! Have fun with the xb, sure does look like a fun car. Who knows, after a while you'll maybe move back to an si again. And I know what you mean, at my local toyota dealer, its like 10k for a xb!!! Crazy deals, but im gonna keep on vtec'in

·
Banned
710 Posts
and btw, I was reading my super street magazine yesterday, so dude!, xb's are the perfect car for monitors/tvs 'n stuff. Maybe even save up to put like a sick audio system in there. I'd flip the back and start working on it as soon as I got it if I were you. haha, sick system/neon street glow/ damn I sound like a ricer right now lol

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
I don't have a problem with any of the Si problems you have posted except 1, and thats the monthly payments. WHICH I might add that I can STILL afford but i'm sure if I had the Scion TC that I was thinking of shooting for before I got my Si, I wouldn't have had that problem. I have ABSOLUTELY no regrets in buying my Si cause I went from a HONDA to another HONDA and I'm just a HONDA fan. good luck to you though. Scion's aren't bad cars at all, I would've given the TC more of a chance than the XB. To each their own.

GOOD LUCK:thumb:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats another reason why i got rid of the Honda. Im not going to spend thousands of dollars on a sub-10K car, I'm just not into that anymore. All im going to do with this is get the windows tinted and find diffrent wheels. And maybe update the stereo.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
yeah ofcourse, you have your reasons man.

I thought it was funny as hell to read how damn fast that toyota employee picked up your Si LMFAO!. He knows whatsup!

Besides, he musta gotten a KICKASS deal on it aswell. If you work at a dealership of anykinda and a customer trades in their car for one of your dealers cars, that customers car is WAY cheaper than what they payed for it. but you HAVE to pick it up before they end up doing a UBI on it and jacking up the price once they put it on the floor or in their lot.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
yeah isn't it funny?.. before I knew I was able to get the Si and actually afford it decently, I was thinking of the Scion Tc, amongst other cars.

Now everytime I pass by one with my Si I laugh and think to myself.

"what the hell was I thinking"?

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
1.8L FG KiDd said:
Did you also get a 335i??
:rotfl:

U must have been one of the people who didnt read the whole thread that u are refering too. :coffee:

·
Registered
778 Posts
i've been contemplating on an 08 xb as a replacement of my ex coupe. i need something more utilitarian. but the ex is so cheap on gas but the xb has a lot of room to haul **** around(mother-in-law).

·
Registered
586 Posts
"crappy thin paint"

This is coming from a guy who use to own a TC....the Scion Paint is Worst. (FYI) Especially since you're xB is white....those rock chips are going to be a eye sore.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
07BlakBlak said:
*shudders* xB....? how about a Fit? Or a Rabbit? or a Mazda 3 Hatch.... the list goes on.
More money, more money and more money. I like the Fit but it was more expensive. Never a fan of VW and Mazda 3 would have been more epensive.

Moonkei said:
crappy thin paint"

This is coming from a guy who use to own a TC....the Scion Paint is Worst. (FYI) Especially since you're xB is white....those rock chips are going to be a eye sore.
I beg to differ. NOTHING looks worse than rock chips down to the metal on a black car. Again i just dont care with this car. With the Si i did care about that stuff and thats why i got rid of it. I got the xB so I can drive it anywhere and NOT have to worry.

·
Premium Member
27,973 Posts
Nice. I would've personally gotten a fit and threw a few thousand into it, but I'm sure thats what you're trying to avoid.. caring about your car lawl. I hope you pick up some nice wheels and you both continue taking wacky picz. ;]. Those wheels need to be burned btw.

And on another note, I've seen some boxes with retrofits :thumb:. You can do the nice, luxuary mods still right? :thumb:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
michael good choice as long as it's not a ford...man as long as your happy... Enjoy it...i know your smiling when u realize you have a ton of extra money to spend on yourself.. :thumb:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I agree 100% with all your reasons. That was exactly why I got rid of mine, but I doubt I got anywhere near as good a deal as you did. Congrats, I love hearing about consumers sticking it to the dealers.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts